W7 Skinning help needed!

By on March 24, 2013 2:26:20 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Fuzzy Logic

Join Date 05/2002
+450

The image below explains what I'm getting. Some arrows are appearing in the explorer bottom area and I don't know where they are coming from. Help please!! It's driving me nuts.

Also, if anyone knows how to skin those pesky white left and right areas in explorer I'd be grateful.

16 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 24, 2013 3:44:10 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

To me it looks like something´s accidentally been placed in the glyph-area for the Explorer info pane...Or a glitch in your system, borked install of windowblinds or the Skin/Blind itself...

-I could take a look if this is happening on only one speific skin.

If it happens to all skins I refer to the second mentioned above.

March 24, 2013 3:59:22 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Thanks, that's a clue - it's doing it on other skins too...

March 24, 2013 5:53:39 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Also, if anyone knows how to skin those pesky white left and right areas in explorer I'd be grateful.

I assume this is windows explorer?

White background behind the directory: Edit Vista/7 Explorer parts - Favorite links background. A 10x10 solid color works well.

The white behind the pictures: Change skin colours - defined system colours - window background

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
March 24, 2013 9:31:00 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

strange that id say neone6 may be right .

March 24, 2013 9:35:36 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

The left side is called the Navigation Pane, and the right side is called the Preview Pane.

You can only change the Navigation Pane color. You can find that setting here: Edit Explorer & IE Shell Parts/ Edit Vista & 7 Explorer Parts/ Folders Bar/Extra Settings Tab. Choose your color. You must have an image in the folders bar for this setting to work.

I have not found a way to change the Preview Pane background color, which is why I always have it hidden. 

March 25, 2013 1:42:11 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Xiandi,
I have not found a way to change the Preview Pane background color, which is why I always have it hidden.
I second that

March 25, 2013 4:11:51 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Looks like they have you covered so far. I'm commenting here so I can follow your progress and help as well if you get stuck. Keep posting as you run into things that don't make sense (believe me there are plenty of weird W7 things)

March 25, 2013 4:36:13 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I'll be following this one too. The more tips the merrier.

March 25, 2013 9:36:31 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Definitely something I would say gone awry with your Windowblinds itself Fuzzy. Back up your skins, uninstall WB, run a registry cleaner like CCleaner or Wise Registry Cleaner (or both) and reboot. Run the registry cleaners again to be sure of things and then reinstall WB and see what happens.

March 25, 2013 10:11:09 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting LightStar,

Definitely something I would say gone awry with your Windowblinds itself Fuzzy. Back up your skins, uninstall WB, run a registry cleaner like CCleaner or Wise Registry Cleaner (or both) and reboot. Run the registry cleaners again to be sure of things and then reinstall WB and see what happens.

Glad you agree with me Tom

March 25, 2013 2:05:06 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Some kind of weird stuff going on... I'll do the uninstall thing at the weekend when I have a bit of free time

Edit Explorer & IE Shell Parts/ Edit Vista & 7 Explorer Parts/ Folders Bar/Extra Settings Tab. 

That fixed it, thanks

I'm definitely a bit rusty on the skinning thing...

March 26, 2013 6:41:41 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Xiandi,

Are we are talking about the right side of windows explorer? The side that has not one but 8 graphics to change under "edit explorer background bitmaps".

Quoting gmc2,
White background behind the directory: Edit Vista/7 Explorer parts - Favorite links background. A 10x10 solid color works well.

Quoting Xiandi,
You can only change the Navigation Pane color. You can find that setting here: Edit Explorer & IE Shell Parts/ Edit Vista & 7 Explorer Parts/ Folders Bar/Extra Settings Tab.

This is about the same thing, no?

March 26, 2013 1:36:49 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I tried the 10x10 and nothing happened, changing the colour under extra settings worked.

Are we are talking about the right side of windows explorer? The side that has not one but 8 graphics to change under "edit explorer background bitmaps".

It's the preview pane which won't skin, the bit to the right of the right side of explorer - the image in the op where the cursor is

March 26, 2013 3:57:34 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Fuzzy Logic,
It's the preview pane which won't skin, the bit to the right of the right side of explorer - the image in the op where the cursor is

Okay, I don't use that pane, sorry for the confusion, thanks.

March 26, 2013 8:57:55 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting gmc2,
It's the same area of the window, but changing the favorites links background bitmap only works for that area in Vista. He is working in W7.

March 27, 2013 6:23:58 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Xiandi,

Quoting gmc2,
reply 12
This is about the same thing, no?It's the same area of the window, but changing the favorites links background bitmap only works for that area in Vista. He is working in W7.

I'm using win7 and it changes mine, which was why I was wondering.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000985   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.