Stardock Closed for the Holidays
Jan 5, 2015 8:45

Stardock's offices will be closed in observance of the holiday season from December 19th until January 5th, 2015.

During this time there will be a delay in answering support tickets, so we ask for your patience during the holiday period.  While we will keep tabs on the tickets during the break, we will respond to them as quickly as possible upon our return.  

On behalf of the Stardock staff we wish you a happy holiday season and look forward to the new year!

Aero Glass w/Blur For Windows 8

By on March 23, 2013 9:16:50 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Ex Brit

Join Date 02/2007
+1

Any chance that Stardock may be working on such a thing?

I think Microsoft's current mindset that they have to think the same way as Apple (we're right - you are all wrong) has to be questioned.

Aero Glass may be a battery waster but shouldn't that be our choice? Not everyone uses a battery anyway! 

They did the same with Start button and menu a la Start8 which I thought was totally unnecessary.

9 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 23, 2013 8:00:59 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Haven't seen any hints as to Windowblinds' capabilities in Win8.  Aero/blur would be nice but not sure it's doable.  It'll be like Windowblinds 1.3 all over again (still available for download on my MyAccounts page!) if trans/blur is not possible (not that that would be a bad thing - was a whole lot easier to be a skinner back then).

March 24, 2013 6:49:28 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I see someone over at MSFN Forums is trying to develop a hack for it with rather mixed success thus far.  It's a shame Microsoft took such a hard line approach to this OS.

Thanks anyway.

March 24, 2013 7:16:26 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Ex Brit,
I see someone over at MSFN Forums is trying to develop a hack for it with rather mixed success thus far.

Saw that....kinda think 'hack' is quite the word for it, too...

I think I'll just hang out for Windowblinds, how-ever it turns out...

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
March 26, 2013 7:58:56 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Everyone at SD HQ wants it . . we'll jsut have to see what magic the dev can do.

March 27, 2013 11:42:42 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Thanks.  Keeping fingers crossed

I never got email notification of your posts otherwise would have replied sooner.

March 27, 2013 1:43:48 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

BTW I tried that MSFN hack and although I am sure the guy inventing it means well, it isn't very clear how one implements it and what adjustments have to be made.   I tried it and immediately got a black screen which wasn't going away, so thankfully System Restore saved the day.

Sorry but it all seems far too complicated for me.

I would far rather rely on legitimate software such as that which Stardock produces.

March 27, 2013 11:28:36 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Ex Brit,
I would far rather rely on legitimate software such as that which Stardock produces.

Yes, hence my reply #3 ...

Over the years there have been several 'hack' methods of 'skinning' Windows .... most commonly problematic for one reason or another... either they [unlawfully] altered MS system files or were effectively 'broken' [functionally] by each subsequent service pack/update .... and generally assistance for resolution was 'lacking' at best.

There have been a few legitimate 3rd party skinnables akin to Windowblinds but sticking with the best means sticking with WB ...

March 28, 2013 2:24:42 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Jafo,
either they [unlawfully] altered MS system files

this is probably true for Australia and the US.

in Europe and i guess most countries a contract that has to be signed/approved after purchase (Microsoft's Windows EULA for example) is not valid.

March 28, 2013 7:03:31 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting moshi,
in Europe and i guess most countries a contract that has to be signed/approved after purchase (Microsoft's Windows EULA for example) is not valid.

"by clicking 'yes' you agree to not reverse compile etc bla bla bla...."  Anywhere verbal contract is binding....and this is a verbal contract...no 'signature' required.

I strongly doubt it is 'most countries'....more like 'most people' though [thanks, China]...

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000328   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.