Screen Captures Show "SAMPLE" and ...

By on March 22, 2013 4:28:04 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

gryphon45

Join Date 03/2013

I've been using Start8 for about a week now and found it very helpful so went through the process of uninstalling, rebooting, going to the site and purchasing Start8, installing, rebooting and registering. I can go to the support site and find my purchase shown there. I have been recommending Start8 to numerous friends that are suffering the indignities of Win8 and wanted to give them my configuration settings to speed things along.

Here's the problem: when I do a screen capture of each of the screens and subsequently print them out, each page has a large "Sample" on the page and a smaller "Register to remove watermark". As far as I can tell I've jumped through all the hoops. Anyone with any thoughts on how to remove the "Sample" and "Watermark" messages?

Thanks

2 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 22, 2013 4:37:16 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

What application are you usign to get screen caps?  That is not a function of any Stardock application.

March 22, 2013 5:07:39 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Your reply solved my problem. During a very troublesome Win8 install a number of the newly installed tiles would not function and, after a lengthy period of trying to fix things, I resorted to a Win8 "Reset" which wiped out nearly all of my apps. I am currently doing the re-installs required and the re-registrations. I simple missed the re-registration for my screen capture utility "CapSnapper" from Cerious software and that was what was generating the "Sample" overlay. I'm looking around for someone to blame for my memory lapse but I seem to be the only one in the room. Start8 is great!

Thanks for the memory jog. 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000125   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.