Fences 2.1 beta 2 now available for download!

By on March 22, 2013 2:04:37 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Nakor

Join Date 03/2001
+39

I've made a beta update with some additional fixes for customer reported crashes available from the store accounts page. http://download.stardock.com

v2.09.1 in the installer (though the About dialog has already been updated to say 2.1). 

Kris

8 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 19, 2013 8:56:38 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Can Stardock please make Beta downloads available on the customer page separately form the stable version?

Also would be nice to include changelogs with fixed bugs and known issues that havent been fixed,

I for one, Dont want to be forced to install Stardock central and risk more problems (other bugs because of it) just to benefit something I am entitled to get as a paying customer and legitimate licence holder.

June 19, 2013 9:21:55 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

If there is a beta available it is separate and labeled as a beta.  This original post is months old, so there's not a current beta version available.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
June 19, 2013 9:41:26 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Nope that changelog is nonsense, it states

• Fixed: “Sort by” appears twice for folder fences with labels hidden

When I am using the latest stable 2.10 and just finished reporting the EXACT bug here, which clearly has not been fixed.

June 19, 2013 10:26:13 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting navay,
When I am using the latest stable 2.10 and just finished reporting the EXACT bug here, which clearly has not been fixed.

Actually, you found a different sort-by bug.  Thanks.

June 20, 2013 6:53:48 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

And why isnt that history changelog available for the product download page or customer account download area? In fact its not available anywhere, Whats the excuse for that?

Instead of bundling the readme you bundle, and instead bundle useful info? Wait dont answer that, I just like the efforts concentrated on development and customer service which after 15 years is about time Stardock delivered on that, Instead of trying to get another pay day. (which is how it feels from this side)

June 20, 2013 9:00:51 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting navay,
Wait dont answer that,

OK, we won't....

The CORRECT  process for staying on top of Stardock's on-going development process with their programs whilst they 'keep up' with Microsoft's exact same on-going development of their OS - is to install and use Stardock Central.

It ISN'T an extra software, it's a saparated installer/updater which works for each and every program in Stardock's inventory.  Many programs by others are an executable unzipper/installer which then add more than one executable - the proggy plus a separate updater, etc.  The difference with SD's approach is all of their programs only have the one, so the more programs you use the more logical the process actually demonstrates itself.

But it is equally valid with only one  Fences/Start8/ObjectDock, whatever....

June 21, 2013 1:23:13 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Jafo,

Quoting navay, reply 6Wait dont answer that,

OK, we won't....

The CORRECT  process for staying on top of Stardock's on-going development process with their programs whilst they 'keep up' with Microsoft's exact same on-going development of their OS - is to install and use Stardock Central.

It ISN'T an extra software, it's a saparated installer/updater which works for each and every program in Stardock's inventory.  Many programs by others are an executable unzipper/installer which then add more than one executable - the proggy plus a separate updater, etc.  The difference with SD's approach is all of their programs only have the one, so the more programs you use the more logical the process actually demonstrates itself.

But it is equally valid with only one  Fences/Start8/ObjectDock, whatever....

I have just sent you a PM and further emailed stardock support@stardock and info@stardock which I intend to have a full reply to all points and full resolutions to the problems.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000234   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.