The right to life and the right to end it. "How to die in Oregon"

By on March 21, 2013 10:34:19 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Nichtganz

Join Date 02/2008
+1

For many in the medical field it's difficult to discuss physician assisted suicide. Surprisingly many doctors are very much against physician assisted suicide. I personally believe that each individual has the right to make that choice for themselves. When i speak to other professionals about this they usually bring up 'morals', the problem i have with the argument is answered by a question: "Are we talking about religious morals, or morals from society". I always believed it was more ethical to allow someone to end their pain rather than the questioning is it ethical for a physician to end the life of his/her patient. Anyhow if you haven't already i would watch "How to die in Oregon" it's available on Netflix for download.

As I mentioned in another thread I'm a R.R.A, I see people all the time with Hodgkin's disease and other forms of cancer, and lymphoma. Every day you can see the emotional and physical pain they have to endure.  

4 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 21, 2013 11:25:59 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

more suited to Joe User.

May 28, 2013 2:09:59 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Nichtganz,

I just found your article and read it with interest.

Your title, "the right to life and the right to end it",  caught my eye. We hear so much about so-called "rights" nowadays. I think there is an unalienable right to life, but not a right to end the life of an innocent person.  "How to die in Oregon" is politics, people's agendas, and a misplaced sense of compassion entering into the field of Medicine.  

For many in the medical field it's difficult to discuss physician assisted suicide.

"Physician assisted suicide" is an oxymoron. That is because when one thinks of a physician, they automatically think of saving lives, not killing people.

"Physician assisted suicide" is a disguised name for euthanasia, which is a form of homicide and that's why it's not surprising that many doctors are against it.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000234   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.