Random file/folder activity

Accidentally renaming or deleting folders

By on March 20, 2013 8:12:35 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

lstafford

Join Date 02/2013

Hi

I've had issues on a number of occasions where if I create a new Folder in a fence and give it a name, and suddenly a number of other existing folders are also renamed with the same name. So now I have to search through my fences to make sure it hasn't happened when creating a new folder.

Also, when I select and deleted un-fenced files form my desktop, sometimes other files and folders are randomly deleted from within fences (even though they were definitely not selected for deletion)

I'm really liking my organized desktop but am getting paranoid about creating and deleting files. Are these known bugs that are being worked on?

Thanks

3 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 20, 2013 11:14:36 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I've been having the same issue for months. Another side effect you haven't mentioned is that if you create a new file then move it, it also moves the last file/files you had selected in a fence. No idea what triggers it as sometimes I can create a new file/folder and move/rename,etc with no side effects, othertime this bug crops up. I mentioned it in the beta thread as the problem is still present in the current beta and someone said they will look into it. However that was now weeks ago and the beta hasn't been updated since.

March 25, 2013 10:05:32 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

This has happened quite a few times for me too.

There is also a problem where files/folder go into other portals without you telling them to do so. This negates this whole program's purpose.

May 22, 2013 4:15:51 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting ,

Hi

I've had issues on a number of occasions where if I create a new Folder in a fence and give it a name, and suddenly a number of other existing folders are also renamed with the same name. So now I have to search through my fences to make sure it hasn't happened when creating a new folder.

Also, when I select and deleted un-fenced files form my desktop, sometimes other files and folders are randomly deleted from within fences (even though they were definitely not selected for deletion)

I'm really liking my organized desktop but am getting paranoid about creating and deleting files. Are these known bugs that are being worked on?

Thanks

I have had this issue several times now which makes me very nervous. Therefore I have stopped perfoming actions like renaming or copy on the desktop. I really really hope that this issue will be solved with the next update...

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000313   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.