New skins on old version of WindowBlinds?

By on March 17, 2013 4:38:31 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Patrick_Z

Join Date 03/2013

Hello everyone,

I'm managing an old computer for someone wich is still running Windows 98 and I want to give an updated look. I found a nice skin I would like to use, but before I start I would like to know if it is compatible. It's a rather new skin, so will it work on WindowBlinds 4.6 (wich I believe is the last version that will work on Windows 98). Are there any issues I can expect?

I haven't worked with WindowBlinds before, so I'm new to it all. I haven't even bought the program yet. If you can guarantee that it will work, I will of course buy it. If that's not the case, I might have to search for another solution.

Greetings,

Patrick

4 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 17, 2013 5:45:30 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

You would probably only be able to apply an older skin, like one made in 1998-2000, to have it work with Windowblinds 4.6. Maybe some a little newer than that, but I am not sure.

March 17, 2013 9:13:52 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

it is true you would need a old skin a new one would not work well at all.

March 18, 2013 3:01:44 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

No matter what you apply to windows 98, it is going to look sad!  Transparency will hold you back with new skins for sure.Per pixel also.

Tried just using a shell theme or just tweaking it with itself. A lot can be changed color ways anyhow.  Tried xp on it? If you have a copy.

Good luck anyhow, just info being passed.

Do We have to start a get rid of that old  hardware campaign again!

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
March 18, 2013 11:49:47 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

It was way before me time using Windows, but can't you just use MSStyles on an OS that old? Besides that, if you purchased WindowBlinds now, you would get the latest version and would have no access to earlier versions.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000094   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.