Sculpting - the evil

By on March 16, 2013 5:03:19 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

benmanns

Join Date 12/2005
+74

Had another request to make a logo and a banner im almost finished with that sadly i cant show it to you since i dont know if they will go and use it for commercial stuff but while i was at it i made 3 pre mesh sculpts and one got rejected since they didnt like how blurry it was ( very very very very early progress at that point in fact it was made in 15-20 minutes to only get the base shape )
I will show you a picture in a second... Im sure some guys will already spot that it has potential ^^

13 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 16, 2013 5:10:50 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

So i showed it to the guys and they didn´t like it...well to be honest personal i prefer it over the skull i made for them... just because this will be wicked...why ? because the mesh was done on no subdivision level meaning it does not have much polys going
so i added some detail only a little....still bit wonky but this is for fun right ? so lets have some fun...
adding detail to the lower region

March 16, 2013 5:32:18 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Nice, Rolo!

Now.... the eyes will have to be a red with an outer glow.

March 16, 2013 7:30:39 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Thanks Doc currently it has no eyeballs it is made out of one sphere i will add the eyes when i get to the middle section...
i cant make the glow in Zbrush will have to ask a buddy to render it for me since i dont have the tools at home to do that...

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
March 17, 2013 8:28:21 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I see two sets of eyes, two noses and two mouths. Nice detail though.

March 17, 2013 9:08:30 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Nice modeling

March 17, 2013 10:10:34 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Uvah,

I see two sets of eyes, two noses and two mouths. Nice detail though.

yeah the lids are there but eyeballs are Missing.. if you render it you should always have 2 spheres for the eyeballs also it makes it easier to adjust the lids currently the lids are flat
Quoting TechNoWeb,

Nice modeling
Thank you 

April 2, 2013 3:03:41 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Hey sorry for not posting progress- had to do some other stuff and on top of that my GFX card is again dying...already ordered a new one should arrive this week and then i should be able to make high poly count models at home aswell 

So i polypainted the skull added some noise to it more ripples to the skin and couple of colored shades...

April 2, 2013 3:06:06 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

So i wasnt satisfied with the flat look and i added some noise for the pores...also as you can see i added some eyeballs and like doc suggested i gave it a little bit of glow 

April 2, 2013 3:07:45 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Fun  don´t mind the ugly paws - the body was done in less than 2 minutes but i think its hilarious

April 2, 2013 3:38:25 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

It´s Evil aright 

April 3, 2013 5:48:40 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting neone6,

It´s Evil aright 

Haha yeah it looks like it got a cold, i thought it would be funny to add a body to it...
I make random models currently since im bored would love to play a bit "bioshock infinite" but sadly my GFX card is not powerfull enough...and i get artefacts even on my desktop.
I hope my new card comes soon... its currently in delivery but only on 40% / i hate waiting for hardware to finally arrive its always the same if iam not at home i will find it in our garden or infront of a neighbours house. Last time my package was outside overnight by minus 2-4 degrees celsius since i didnt found it, gladly it still worked.
while i know this sneak has not much to do with "skinning" i currently cant do much still waiting for windowblinds8 and Skinstudio to arrive i could do some icons... but i dont know...

I hope folks viewing this dont get mad that i posted this in sneaks just wanted to show that im still alive..
To all that that do NOT enjoy this in here let me know and i will remove it but if it is cool for you guys i will keep posting models as i make them.
See it more like a fun show of stuff sneak topic thing.
Thanks Andy for commenting greetings to Vamps

April 3, 2013 7:14:20 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Keep rockin Rolo !

April 5, 2013 8:18:04 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

So my card just arrived and its performing great...  
But as soon as i plugged it into the motherboard and was trying to attach the monitor cables i noticed that the cable with the DVI adapter ( i still have VGA monitors both with DVI adapters ) wont fit into the second plug of the GFX card... sadly there is no existing adapter that i can buy so i ordered a new monitor  aswell  ( sweet with a taste of bitter in this upgrade lol)
For now iam stucjk with only one monitor .. anyway to overcome my frustration about my fail of not reading about what plugs the card has i played a little Bioshock. After a while i wanted to test the perfomance of Zbrush with the new card and thought i would make a Skyhook(a tool in Bioshock)
This is what i got so far... few pieces are still missing but i like where this is going + its a good way to train hardsurface modeling.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000110   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.