DeskScapes 3/8 installation

By on March 3, 2013 7:21:52 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Adyghost

Join Date 01/2004
+4

I'm using Windows 7 and Stardock Central, made sure to only select DeskScapes 3 but it seems that 8 was also installed along with 3. Is that supposed to happen? And why are there two versions to install and only one program installed?

7 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 4, 2013 9:25:18 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

This is not right.

Please email support@stardock.com so we can get more information.

March 4, 2013 12:19:17 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Email sent. I also noticed that SC installs DeskScapes 3 version 3.50.000 and DeskScapes 8 version 3.50.040 right alongside. Then it prompts me to update DeskScapes 8 to version 8 and sure enough, tells me to uninstall the previous DeskScapes version before installing version 8.

March 4, 2013 1:08:02 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

This  Is obviously   exposing  A  issue  With   DreamScapes installation    be  carefull  how  You  Uninstall this    program .. Im  Currently  In Conversation    With  stardock   Support  i  cant upgrade,  Cant  Uninstall ....  recieved   purgefiles (dsnt  Wk )  left  fragments  of  the   program  Can't Install  ..installaware Software  Asks  me  to  delete   a previous  version  that  i dont    have ...then   is  now  requesting  that   i  put  in   a  cd-rom  of the   original Progra

m ??(dont   recall  Stardock  Products  available On  Disc or  ROM ???..)

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
March 4, 2013 1:10:26 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Adyghost,
Email sent. I also noticed that SC installs DeskScapes 3 version 3.50.000 and DeskScapes 8 version 3.50.040 right alongside. Then it prompts me to update DeskScapes 8 to version 8 and sure enough, tells me to uninstall the previous DeskScapes version before installing version 8.

We have reproduced the issue and have escalated it.

Thanks!

Feel free to uninstall everything and use the download at https://store.stardock.com/myaccount/products

March 4, 2013 4:22:15 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Zubaz, I uninstalled and used the manual download from my account, same exact thing happens. Stardock Central reports both DeskScapes 3 and 8 have been installed with the version numbers I gave above, then asks to update DeskScapes 8, then tells me to uninstall everything before installing DeskScapes 8! So this is clearly a Stardock Central issue.

I'm curious, can I install and use DeskScapes 8 or is it not compatible with Windows 7 at all?

March 4, 2013 4:37:16 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

If it helps, I noticed when I uninstalled DS3 and installed DS8, there was still a DS3 folder in program files with the sigbin file in it. Everything else was removed but that. I had no trouble with the update, but thought it odd that folder/file was left behind. I didn't use SDC to update.

Just an FYI

March 4, 2013 4:44:13 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Zubaz,
We have reproduced the issue and have escalated it.

There is a problem with SDC.  Ignore it as the application will work when run fine.

Quoting Adyghost,
I'm curious, can I install and use DeskScapes 8 or is it not compatible with Windows 7 at all?

It will work just fine on Win7

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000140   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.