Object Desktop Subscription

By on March 2, 2013 1:25:23 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Rimsr24wc

Join Date 01/2005

I purchased OD over 48 hours ago, and still have not received the software, registration, or anything!!!!! After 24 hours of not receiving anything, not even a purchase receipt, I sent an email to support. That was 24 hours ago, and still haven't heard a thing yet!!!!! What is going on there?????????? Are you people on strike or what?????? I purchase tons of software on the internet, NEVER have to wait more than 10 or 15 minutes to get what I paid for, but with you people, 48 hours and still WAITING, is just plain ridiculous. If I don't hear something VERY SOON, I will contact my credit card company and tell them that I have not received what I paid for, and to cancel the payment. I see in the forum that there were other people with the same problem, and most companies, ones that care, would not wait this long to FIX the PROBLEM!!!!!! I hope this gets to the RIGHT people SOON, or my order will be cancelled, or I should say, I will notify my credit card to NOT pay Stardock.

48 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 2, 2013 5:37:55 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Login here and see if your software is listed.  You're looking for the individual components such as Windowblinds, Icon Packager, etc.

https://store.stardock.com/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=/myaccount/products

You certainly should have received a purchase receipt, you might check your spam/graymail folders, sometimes they get thrown in there.

If you're trying to use more than one email address with your Stardock purchases or account, that can cause a problem too.

March 2, 2013 12:45:13 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I see ODNT on your account, but if you still have an issue post your ticket number here.

March 6, 2013 6:09:53 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I am having the same issue.... I renewed my Object Desktop Subscription, and it shows as paid order number in my account, yet under downloads, it still says I must renew.

No Email confirmation.

No software...

Is there no automation with this process?

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
March 6, 2013 6:18:54 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting huge321,

I am having the same issue.... I renewed my Object Desktop Subscription, and it shows as paid order number in my account, yet under downloads, it still says I must renew.

No Email confirmation.

No software...

Is there no automation with this process?

Fixed. 

March 26, 2013 4:54:59 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Same problem here. I have purchased an Object Desktop renewal and got a receipt. I have downloaded Stardock Central but cannot find any way of getting the OD software. When I check the account for my downloads I only see old stuff from last time I subscribed and says renew next to the line with Object Desktop on it.

On Stardock central there is nothing under the downloads tab and If I click on the subscription tab it says subscribe on the button next to it but says subscribed under it.

What am I supposed to do to get the software I have paid for?

March 26, 2013 5:00:41 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

James, I have fixed it so your subscription is listed correctly now. You will have proper access to download the software now.

March 26, 2013 5:08:27 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Wow!! That was fast, it has to be one of the quickest responses I've ever seen. Fixed five minutes after I posted my comment. It is now listed correctly, thank you.

March 26, 2013 10:15:52 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Same here. I just purchased the renewal, but I do not see any of the software. This sucks, I really wanted to use the Windows 8 software tonight.

March 27, 2013 8:05:10 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I have taken care of yours as well gilly775. Sorry about the trouble.

March 27, 2013 9:59:35 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Gargabee,

I have taken care of yours as well gilly775. Sorry about the trouble.

Thanks for the quick reply!

March 29, 2013 10:06:34 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Hey Gilly!

Same issue here, Renewed Subscription, shows purchased on website and is in my downloads but the stardock central application after install will not recognize my subscription and only presents me with the purchase option.

Joel

April 2, 2013 8:02:34 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting jdeclue,

Hey Gilly!

Same issue here, Renewed Subscription, shows purchased on website and is in my downloads but the stardock central application after install will not recognize my subscription and only presents me with the purchase option.

Joel

Should be all set now.

April 5, 2013 8:46:25 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Yo!, (I am from jersey...lol)

Same issue here, Renewed Subscription, shows purchased on website and is in my downloads but the stardock central application after install will not recognize my subscription and only presents me with the purchase option.

Rob

April 5, 2013 9:18:00 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Zen8Master,

Yo!, (I am from jersey...lol)

Same issue here, Renewed Subscription, shows purchased on website and is in my downloads but the stardock central application after install will not recognize my subscription and only presents me with the purchase option.

Rob

Fixed.

April 5, 2013 9:44:59 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I think Support just earned a round of cheers and beers.

April 6, 2013 10:36:03 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Newbie here.

Do I understand correctly that an annual subscription is required for this software ???

In other words, I can't buy it and be done with the process ???

April 6, 2013 10:50:25 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting anybud4me,
Newbie here.

Do I understand correctly that an annual subscription is required for this software ???

You can buy the software 'and be done with it' or you can choose the more economical option by subscribing to Object Desktop and be entitled to not just the selection of software more cheaply...but all updates for the duration of said subscription.

Either way you can 'walk away' and still keep the software...

April 6, 2013 10:51:59 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting anybud4me,

Newbie here.

From the Object Desktop web page -

"When you subscribe to Object Desktop, you not only get all the features that Object Desktop has today, but all of the features for a full year. 

This means that you will receive all updates and new programs added to Object Desktop throughout the year automatically. What you download is yours forever. At the end of the year, you can continue your subscription or stick with the versions you have already downloaded."

Note: Be sure to backup your downloaded programs and skins.

April 6, 2013 11:00:44 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Thanks for the quick replies.

I was about to order Object Desktop and noticed it said "one year".

I don't see an option to pay for life time support so I will just move on.  Thanks again.

April 6, 2013 11:12:30 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting anybud4me,
I was about to order Object Desktop and noticed it said "one year".

I don't see an option to pay for life time support so I will just move on. Thanks again.

The reality that is the Microsoft OS means that over time things WILL/DO change.

There are people who subscribed to Object Desktop back in the days of Windows 98 ....who are still subscribing....and now Object Desktop is in the update/revision process to cater for Windows 8 [and beyond].

A one-off purchase back in '98 would see you retaining versions of Stardock's software which would now have no real relevance now that we're several generations of OS beyond '98.

That's specifically what makes the subscription process so sensible.

Either way, on-going assistance/support is always there....but as is the case with Microsoft's OS replacements...eventually direct support will be withdrawn once the vast majority of people have relinquished the old for the new...

April 6, 2013 11:13:11 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting anybud4me,

Purchase of the ODNT package will entitle you to updates for 1 year. To receive continued updates, you'll need to continue to subscribe.

Quoting anybud4me,
I can't buy it and be done with the process ???

Yes, in one way you do own it. Just after that year is up, you won't be able to get unlimited updates unless you buy only that particular software (Icon Packager) as a stand alone.

You shouldn't take this answer as "final"... for the definitive policy, send an email to support@stardock.com and don't write again until you get an answer from an actual person. Save the "auto reply" as it will have your ticket number on it.

There is also an esupport  page with many issues/faq's answered. You can find it here: http://esupport.stardock.com/index.php?/default_import/Core/Default/Index

Pretty much what Hankers said.

*edit... was on the phone while composing this and Jafo answered first. Sorry.

April 8, 2013 9:02:54 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I recieved nothing too.

April 8, 2013 11:04:15 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting nicobraune,

I recieved nothing too.

I show that your purchase was successful.  Follow the link below and let me know if you have trouble logging in to retrieve your products:

https://store.stardock.com/myaccount/products

April 8, 2013 12:17:23 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I am having the same problem.  I renewed my subscription to Object Desktop on Saturday and have nothing.  I did receive a receipt, and my account shows it as a paid subscription,  but I have no download link on my account page, and neither Gamestop nor Stardock Central show me as having a subscription.

April 8, 2013 2:34:10 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Mycroft420,

I am having the same problem.  I renewed my subscription to Object Desktop on Saturday and have nothing.  I did receive a receipt, and my account shows it as a paid subscription,  but I have no download link on my account page, and neither Gamestop nor Stardock Central show me as having a subscription.

Try again.  It looks like you had two records in the database and things became scrambled.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000640   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.