Settings>Position>Alignment....Snaps to Center

By on February 27, 2013 11:14:50 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Michelle911

Join Date 12/2012
+2

Is there any way to turn this snapping to center off?  I'm trying to align my docks and it really hinders you a lot more than helps.  I want to move my dock about 10 pixels or so to make it line up more perfectly with other desktop stuff but it won't....  and yes I realize you can use the mouse wheel once you have the position bar in focus, that helps tremendously in aligning things but the snap grabs your dock from a mile away and puts it where it wants to on its own center.

13 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 28, 2013 11:53:31 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

In settings I don't see where it says snap to center. When you click on position then on alignment you should be able to move the dock up, down left or right depending on where it is positioned. You can also uncheck reserve screen edge and in the case of a tabbed dock on the bottom left where it says edge you can click to open the drop down menu and select float. That will enable you to move the dock anywhere on your screen. To move them side to side click on any empty space on the dock and drag the dock. You can also move the dock further away or closer to the screen edge by selecting that in more options.

February 28, 2013 7:05:31 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I never said there was a button that says snap to center!  if there was I'd click it

I don't want a tabbed dock, I'm wanting to use the zoomers, and using them there's no way to move the dock freely!  when I use the slider it "snaps to the center"  how else to say this, no, there's not a button I'm struggling with

February 28, 2013 9:07:05 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Rightclick dock...choose settings....choose zoomer dock...choose position...grab slider and move to suit.  It'll stay there...

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
February 28, 2013 10:51:15 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

well, I'll just take this as a no one understands the question 

February 28, 2013 11:06:21 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Michelle911,
well, I'll just take this as a no one understands the question

See #3.

If, perhaps 10 pixels is not enough clearance for it to stay where it is put....align it to right/left and drag all the way across to where you want it [10 pixels off center].

March 1, 2013 12:10:23 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Oops.

March 1, 2013 12:11:32 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I have trouble when near the center point. Having it just off center is hard to do. I'm using 1.9 though.

Jafo has a pm....

March 1, 2013 11:59:41 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Okay, try this then. Right click on the dock and in position check either top or bottom, left or right align depending on where your dock is and then use the slider to reposition it. That should work and it won't snap to center.

March 1, 2013 12:14:16 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Ross, that is how I do it, but when the slider gets near center, it is real hard to position just slightly off center, the slider wants to "snap" to the center mark.

March 1, 2013 6:35:50 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Found this out. I unchecked align to center and checked align to top then moved my zoomer dock. The reason why it still snaps to center is when you move the dock with the slider towards the center it automatically reverts back to snap to center. It doesn't stay changed.

March 1, 2013 6:49:21 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

OK...if proximity to a specific location causes a switch then perhaps there needs to be a fully-unchecked option that lets free placement...

March 1, 2013 6:56:17 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Yes.... 

March 2, 2013 2:44:59 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Exactly!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000156   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.