DeskScapes 8 Available Now!

By on February 26, 2013 5:49:49 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Island Dog

Join Date 06/2003
+604

logo_and_text_horiz

DeskScapes enables users to customize their PC wallpapers and screensavers with pictures and video to create visually stunning results. Featuring an all new user interface and support for Windows 8, DeskScapes makes it easy to apply special effects to any wallpaper with just a few clicks.

DeskScapes includes DreamMaker, which enables users to design their own animated wallpapers called Dreams. Users may also choose from the many Dreams available from Stardock’s WinCustomize.com community. DeskScapes 8 also supports displaying different wallpapers on multiple monitors.

DeskScapes 8 is available as a free 30-day trial and can be purchased for only $9.99.

Features:

• Windows 8 support (Windows 7 also supported)
  • Windows 8-ready Dream Library on WinCustomize
  • Customize desktop wallpapers with animations and effects
  • Apply any Dream as your PC screensaver
  • Apply over 40 special effects to your wallpapers
  • Support for custom wallpapers on multiple monitors
  • And more!

To learn more visit: http://tinyurl.com/bz3vvn6

ds8_ui_01 ds8_ui_color ds8_ui_effects
Pinned Post 11 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 26, 2013 7:51:53 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Thank you, Stardock!!

February 27, 2013 3:29:34 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

No updated hybrid documentation ?

HybridDreamFormat.pdf

February 28, 2013 4:38:22 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

No Vista support?  I didn't think there was much in Win 7 that wasn't in Vista (other than bug fixes).  My current Deskscapes configuration (as it's done on and off in the past) crashes when loading some dreams in the configuration program and plays some deams only once without looping.  

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
February 28, 2013 5:45:34 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Where lang file?

May 2, 2013 3:03:49 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

(I removed my comment.)

May 2, 2013 3:05:42 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Raymond_SF,

It is missing the ability to handle "Random Wallpaper" by directory - that part seems to be only partially functional in the changes to WindowBlinds 7.42.

PLEASE add the full functionality of DeskScapes 3 back to either DeskScapes 8 or WindowBlinds 7.

Until then, I'll just stay with DeskScapes 3.

I am unclear on what random features in DeskScapes have to do with WindowBlinds.

The random feature in DeskScapes 8 works by you selecting the backgrounds you want using ctrl + click or shift + click.  This is not going to be changing.

May 2, 2013 3:53:11 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I updated my question while you were responding.

There is a random wallpaper setting in WindowBlinds 7.42 under wallpapers option.

The "Random Wallpaper Changer" that opens when you click on "Random Wallpaper Settings" often becomes "not reponding" and crashes.

Also, as I said in my more descriptive update to my question, "(t)he WindowBlinds 7.42 version does not allow time settings of less than 1 hour, where DeskScapes 3 will change as fast as every 30 seconds - that's too often for me, but I have been using 5 minute changes for years."

I will reinstall DeskScapes 8 again, just to make sure that the user can actually randomly change wallpaper based on directory as DeskScapes 3 can, and as well as trying to get the WindowBlinds 7.42 changer to actually work. (It may not be working properly since I have DS3 running, but it still has the time setting problem, stated above.

The last time I installed DS8, I could find no way to control "Random" wallpaper - I do admit that I did not fully investigate the entire product.

Also, WindowBlinds 7.42 needs to be fixed so time increment changes allow for settings of less than 1 hour.

May 2, 2013 10:21:19 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I did reinstall DeskScapes 8 again.  On the opening screen and throughout the software there is no indication that it even handles random wallpaper.

The online description of DeskScapes makes no mention of random wallpaper (http://www.stardock.com/products/DeskScapes/features.asp).

The only way to find the random wallpaper feature in DS8 is to select multiple images as Neil Banfield states above by doing a ctrl + click or shift + click on the images, a "select all" feature like DS3.2 had, would have been much more useful.

The crude " ctrl + click or shift + click" to even activate the random feature is not intuitive, nor does it make any sense to completely hide this feature, especially without any user guide or "help."

(I removed most of my comments about 'Help" and "User Guides."  I still stand by my comments about invisible features, especially when that is the most important feature from DS3 for me.)

May 2, 2013 10:22:31 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

nvm

May 2, 2013 11:36:49 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Raymond_SF,
especially without any user guide or "help."
That is why these forums are so valuable. There is a wealth of knowledge here among the members, developers and Support people who frequent them  If you need answers, all you need to do is ask the questions.

September 22, 2013 5:31:40 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Message for administrators of the forum! How do I pay for the activation of your program, called DeskScapes 8 v 8.0? I live in Ukraine in a home for the elderly and disabled. My name, Michael Through the form I can not send my message for us.  I hope someone will hear me on this forum and tell the Administration of the forum! Thanks a lot all!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000688   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.