Deskscapes 8 animation freezes when Windows 8 syncs backgrounds onto another computer....

By on February 23, 2013 3:29:48 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

herooftheda...

Join Date 12/2012

I use three computers on a regular basis when I am working. Each have Windows 8 Pro and Deskscapes 8 installed. Deskscapes 8 runs great at first when I change the wallpaper to an animated "dream" wallpaper. But when another PC is booted up and Windows 8 tries to sync the wallpaper, it causes the Deskscapes 8 animation to stop. It doesn't resume at all unless I reset a new wallpaper through Dreamscapes 8, which leads to the same thing again, because Windows 8 syncs the themes across computers automatically. I can probably shut down that feature, but I like my computers to sync the themes across the board. Sadly enough I uninstalled it shortly after purchasing it only a few hours earlier. I would love to re-install it if I could get it to work properly. Other than that it is a fun app to have on the computer. 

One more question, is it possibly to create my own "dream" animated wallpapers using my own images? If so how do I go about doing so, and how difficult is it? 

3 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 23, 2013 3:57:25 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

DeskScapes is disabled when the OS wallpaper is changed.  This is by design as DeskScapes is like any other wallpaper as in it goes away when you apply another.

February 24, 2013 4:28:51 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

That I understand. It's just that it still does it even when another computer is changing its wallpaper to match the other. For instance, if I change the wallpaper on my desktop and make it an animated wallpaper, and then I turn on my laptop. My laptop will automatically change its wallpaper to match the  animated one I just put on my desktop so that they are the same. Problem is as soon as it syncs, the animation freezes. So they both have the animated wallpaper image but they don't move. It's like it's paused and doesn't resume.

February 24, 2013 7:49:35 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000297   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.