Can't move fences between pages

By on February 22, 2013 8:37:06 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

pintoj

Join Date 02/2013

Hi!  I tried moving a fence to another page by dragging it to the left or right edge of the screen and no matter how long I hold it on the edge the page does not flip.  I can do it with a file but not with a fence.

Help!

12 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 26, 2013 4:47:15 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

What version of Fences? What version of Windows?

February 28, 2013 8:10:21 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I tried swiping it across to another desktop but the fence disappeared altogether and now I can't find it. The icons exist on the desktop in explorer but I can't now find them on the actual desktop. Any thoughts?

February 28, 2013 7:00:55 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I'm running Windows 7 SP1, Fences version 2.01

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
June 12, 2013 1:36:58 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I have exactly the same problem.

Moving fences to another page does not work at all. Moving Icons do work.

System: Windows 7 Pro 64-bit.

June 14, 2013 8:06:05 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I've just reported the same issue, but I have found a workaround.

Apparently the new empty page doesn't get "created" properly if it's a new page when you switch.

Workaround: If you create a dummy text file icon, and drag that to the new page, the new page then comes into existence and you can then change pages and drag fences across normally.  Then delete the dummy file.

June 19, 2013 12:11:57 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Given that this was reported on Fences 2.01 and this was a long while ago and it works with Fences 2.10.0.485 which is at this time the "latest" providing more information may be in order.

June 19, 2013 2:13:51 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

It's not necessary to bump several old threads.  If you have a specific issue that needs reporting, please submit a detailed ticket to support@stardock.com.

June 19, 2013 3:03:20 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

@ Island Dog

To my knowledge no one has bumped anything, in case that comment was directed at myself, note I was replying to these threads not bumping them. Also so far all the issues I have encountered have been submitted.

June 19, 2013 3:31:23 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

If anyone is having this problem, please contact support and we will look into things.

The issue may be localized to a few configurations 

June 19, 2013 4:13:54 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting navay,
To my knowledge no one has bumped anything
No, but you have managed to make a comment on practically every Fences thread in recent(and not so recent) replies. While your comments may be relevant, adding them to a post from Feb22nd may not get the best results.

On that note, I have noticed none of your Fences bug reports are in the proper Support forum for said bug reporting. I saw no subforum for Fences per se, but the correct location for bugs would be : http://forums.wincustomize.com/forum/165 Support can't read every thread at once, so I would think outdated and non-support threads would be at the tail end of the reading list.

To site mods: Shouldn't there be a Fences Support sub-forum, or did I overlook it?

June 19, 2013 4:45:41 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

The last two answers to this thread (before mine) were from June 12 and 14 (less than a week ago), go figure.

All my reports and replies are in the Fences Forum http://forums.stardock.com/forum/501 which is where all my replies have been also, or made to support email.

At least I tried to keep my answers constructive which is more than I can say about most other reports/posts/replies here and these Forums at large. Never knew it was so bad to actually make a reply to valid things to be almost told to shut up.

Nice!

April 14, 2014 4:37:27 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Thanks for the fix. I have been looking for a long time. I needed the space. Thanks Again

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001140   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.