Can't uninstall WindowBlinds

By on February 21, 2013 12:31:54 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

leonidassemk

Join Date 02/2013

When I try to uninstall WindowBlinds from my computer this appears at my screen http://prntscr.com/tlwex. I tried everything I knew but nothing worked. What can I do?

4 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 21, 2013 12:53:57 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Have you tried doing the uninstall using the Windows Uninstall and not Wise Uninstall?  If you have and you get the same thing then somehow your Install.log file got deleted and the uninstall cannot proceed without it. After applying the standard Aero theme in Windowblinds, unload it and then try using the Forced Uninstall method with Wise. If that does not work then manually delete all associated Windowblinds (after unloading it) folders from your hard drive and then run a good Registry Cleaner (like Wise, TuneUp Utilities or CCleaner.  Run your registry cleaner until everything comes back as clean, then reboot. Should resolve your issue just fine I would imagine.

February 21, 2013 1:04:27 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

You could try the ODNT Zapper to uninstall WindowBlinds.

Note: ODNT Zapper - Utility program that can be used to unload or remove Object Desktop components (like if an install.log file is missing). Warning: this will delete any installed skins/themes for the component when used to uninstall that component.

February 22, 2013 1:20:33 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Thanks LightStar, your advices helped me a lot. I didn't manage to uninstall it normaly but I removed it from my PC with forced uninstall from Wise.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
February 22, 2013 3:35:56 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Unfortunately, you still have a registry full of stardock and wb entries. Have to do manual searches to get them all. Registry cleaners will get most probably though. Nothing harmful is in it though!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000141   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.