WindowBlinds for Win8 - when?

By on February 19, 2013 1:19:24 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Yo_Adrian

Join Date 01/2004

Is there official word on the development?

13 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 19, 2013 1:38:25 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

It's being developed and tested now, but we typically don't give a specific timeline.

February 20, 2013 10:03:05 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Thanks Island Dog - I figured that the team was developing for Win8 ... I just don't see an official posting spot for updates and such.

February 21, 2013 9:53:37 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Yes, this is so badly needed. Perhaps this could be the only thing that could save Windows 8.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
February 21, 2013 10:00:13 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting lzvk25,
Yes, this is so badly needed. Perhaps this could be the only thing that could save Windows 8.

Okay, point to ponder, is Windows 8 something that needs saving?  

February 21, 2013 10:27:01 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

The developer is working on it, rest assured. It hasn't been abandoned. 

Some things I've learned here:

1. At Stardock, they try as hard as they can to get it right. They don't release anything willy-nilly.

2. To "get it right" on as many computer software configurations as possible, a lot of testing is required. That's just to save customers (and Support) as much grief as possible.

That said, there are many vid cards/drivers, etc. out there. The testing staff and developer is a small number of folks (we aren't talking Adobe, here), and they are tasked with more than one project at a time. That's because the owner and CEO of Stardock prefers to have a very special studio, not an automobile production line. Stardock is very special that way.

So, I guess what I'm asking you is to please be patient, because the wait will be worth it.

Not everyone will have perfection right off the bat, but the aim is to put out a product which will run as it should for the vast majority, and try to help the customers who run into problems, as best they can.

February 21, 2013 9:02:40 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

By all means, take your time and test it properly. 

Yes, please, don't be like Adobe, I had the disgust of working with them in other projects none of them related with their "Acrobat" line and I can say, they are they most arrogant and incompetent people I have ever met so much that even although we have a 4gl tool to generate our programs : AbInitio, the data that they sent us was so bad that I had to write HUGE special C/C++ programs just to validate, clean and reformat the data they were sending us, AbInitio just couldn't cut it this time.

February 22, 2013 9:23:41 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Philly0381,
Okay, point to ponder, is Windows 8 something that needs saving?  

Windows 8, despite some shortcomings (start menu), is actually a decent OS.  It has great performance and is very stable.

Honestly, the negativity around Win8 comes from people who have never used it, and just read stuff on forums from other people who never used it.

February 22, 2013 9:30:07 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Island Dog,
Quoting Philly0381, reply 4Okay, point to ponder, is Windows 8 something that needs saving?  

Windows 8, despite some shortcomings (start menu), is actually a decent OS.  It has great performance and is very stable.

Honestly, the negativity around Win8 comes from people who have never used it, and just read stuff on forums from other people who never used it.

Wow, that was interesting how you read that into my simple statement as to whether Windows 8 needs saving.  Might I have been referring to that it's just fine as it is?

February 22, 2013 10:21:37 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Island Dog,
Windows 8, despite some shortcomings (start menu)

Lets not turn this in to another half assed debate about Windows8 sux and doesn't suck. There are other threads already open here for that.

Please tell me that Windowblinds8 is not going to be contingent upon having Start8 installed or have a substitute start menu embedded in it.

As I've said before, I find Start8 to be nothing more than an unnecessary crutch which actually hinders the learning process of the new OS. 

I would like to see WB8 do more with the path that Decor8 embraces though and would find value in the product if that were the case.

February 22, 2013 10:24:32 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Philly0381,
Might I have been referring to that it's just fine as it is?

Surely not....

February 22, 2013 10:54:36 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting RedneckDude,
Quoting Philly0381, reply 8 Might I have been referring to that it's just fine as it is?

Surely not....

Ahhhh, another mind reader. 

February 23, 2013 8:38:52 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I wasn't directing it at you Philly, just in general.

February 23, 2013 9:09:18 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Island Dog,
Windows 8, despite some shortcomings (start menu), is actually a decent OS. It has great performance and is very stable.

I have no doubt. If it wasn't for the skinning factor I would most likely be using it. Will see what the new version of Windowblinds does for it.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000406   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.