Windowblinds Win8 Skin on XP

A little error in skin Win8

By on February 18, 2013 6:16:38 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

profoundemo...

Join Date 01/2013

Hi there,

I want to say first i love the suite. I am really enjoying the customization of my system. Since i still run XP it's a pleasure for the eye.

I have a question. When i open my computer i see that the address bar is a little bit too small. Since the word address isn't completely shown.

the bar section probably should be 2 or 3 pixels larger. How can i adjust this little error. Do more users with xp experience what i just wrote.

I hope to get a proper answer so that i can fix it.

Best regards.

Patrick

9 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 18, 2013 6:27:05 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

If you have SkinStudio installed, there is probably an adjustment you can make with it. Since I'm not a skinner, I'm afraid I can't help you much there. Maybe one will come along and help out.

February 18, 2013 6:29:51 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Hi there,

I have skin studio installed, but i haven't had the time to figure it out completely. So i hope that someone with more experience can help me out.

Thanks for you quick reply.

Best regards,

Patrick

February 18, 2013 6:34:38 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Pictures of the issue might help.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
February 18, 2013 6:36:34 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting profoundemotions,
I have skin studio installed, but i haven't had the time to figure it out completely.

No worries there. There are people who have used it for years that say that they have yet to figure it out completely.

You might try Pm'ing LightStar, Vampothica, Xiandi or gmc2. They have all skinned XP and have a wealth of information on SKS.

Edit: Or that 2of3 fellow.^^^^^^^^

February 18, 2013 6:38:19 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

More than likely changing the text size is the fix, or adjusting your text margins for that part, less painting of margins. I have no xp at the moment so can not direct you to the settings.I will try to remember, I will check some settings.

February 18, 2013 6:49:23 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Thanks for your reply's

I thought also that maybe the text size would fix the problem. But i am still a bit new to skin studio. I tried to upload a picture but it requires me to upload it somewhere else to post it here. Is there a way to upload it within the forum post? 

Best Regards

Patrick

February 18, 2013 6:57:41 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Try adjusting the button text size. Try under button controls, buttons first, then the toolbar section if that does not work. Luck.

February 18, 2013 9:17:19 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

The only way to get it here is to upload it to a image hosting site like photobucket or Imageshack.

February 18, 2013 9:21:07 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

You can also sign up and use a free Dropbox or SkyDrive account to share pictures.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000203   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.