Brad Wardell’s blog page

By on February 17, 2013 11:31:51 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1117

Sorry for the bit of self-promotion but I recently set up a new blog site that takes all my posts written as Frogboy (my day job account) and Draginol (my personal account) and puts them together.

The site is www.littletinyfrogs.com

Tags:

Stardock CEO Brad Wardell’s blog site

14 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 17, 2013 11:49:25 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Due to Windows 8 unfortunately i have no further interest in Stardock's newer products but since i have been using your products 1995 i'll for sure follow your blog with interest. Who knows what the future might bring?

February 17, 2013 1:15:45 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting petrossa,
Due to Windows 8 unfortunately i have no further interest in Stardock's newer products but since i have been using your products 1995 i'll for sure follow your blog with interest. Who knows what the future might bring?

Cool.

Since you're using Windows 8, you might want to try Start8 which brings back the Start button and menu to the Windows 8 desktop and Decor8 which allows you to change the look of the Start screen on Windows 8.

February 17, 2013 2:51:31 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

You misunderstood me. I don't use W8 i use W7 and am not planning to use W8. Since evidently your company needs to focus on w8 enhancements i have no more use for my OD subscription is what i meant.

But it was a real pleasure doing business, and the old OD will serve me for a good while yet. In fact i think it'll outlast my lifetime of computerusage, barring a flash of common sense in the world of touchie feely computing.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
February 17, 2013 3:03:29 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I've only been here since the XP days but I believe that all the upgrades to software by SD have been backwards compatible.  I also don't use Windows 8 but am looking forward to the software upgrades as they generally add things to the software other than just current OS compatibility. 

February 17, 2013 3:32:22 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting petrossa,
You misunderstood me. I don't use W8 i use W7 and am not planning to use W8. Since evidently your company needs to focus on w8 enhancements i have no more use for my OD subscription is what i meant.

So you're saying you don't want to keep your products up to date then?

February 17, 2013 4:08:20 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Or like many, waiting for Windows 9 to come out that fixes all the things people hate about Windows 8.  The "skip each other version of windows" trick.

• Win3.11;  The last, great DOS version of Windows
  • Win95;  Some good ideas, finally starting to move away from DOS, but generally a fuster cluck
  • Win98;     What Win95 should have been, Plug and Play, USB Support, etc..
  •    WinME;  The pain, the pain
  •    Win 2000;  Wasn't really bad, most of what XP is later based on, needed a lot of handholding to work correctly
  • Win XP;    Windows done right (post service pack 1).  DOS is now mostly dead
  •    Win Vista;  Good ideas leading to Win 7, sucky implementation
  • Win 7;      Finally a good version of Windows built for today's internet in mind.  Time to replace the aged copies of XP
  •    Win 8;   Quickly built by MS as a latecomer to the Tablet Market, even though they've had sucky software on "tablets" for years.
  • Win 9?;     Likely to fix all the hate on Windows 8.  Maybe.  The OS market here will be the most competitive since DOS
February 17, 2013 4:23:03 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Merging your multiple personalities.....good move, Brad

February 17, 2013 6:23:13 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting BernieTime,
Or like many, waiting for Windows 9 to come out that fixes all the things people hate about Windows 8.  The "skip each other version of windows" trick.

Win3.11;  The last, great DOS version of Windows

Win95;  Some good ideas, finally starting to move away from DOS, but generally a fuster cluck

Win98;     What Win95 should have been, Plug and Play, USB Support, etc..

WinME;  The pain, the pain

Win 2000;  Wasn't really bad, most of what XP is later based on, needed a lot of handholding to work correctly

Win XP;    Windows done right (post service pack 1).  DOS is now mostly dead

Win Vista;  Good ideas leading to Win 7, sucky implementation

Win 7;      Finally a good version of Windows built for today's internet in mind.  Time to replace the aged copies of XP

Win 8;   Quickly built by MS as a latecomer to the Tablet Market, even though they've had sucky software on "tablets" for years.

Win 9?;     Likely to fix all the hate on Windows 8.  Maybe.  The OS market here will be the most competitive since DOS

Very nicely laid out. Lots of truth in there.

February 17, 2013 11:40:34 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I've been lurking there ...

February 18, 2013 2:33:11 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting LightStar,

Quoting petrossa, reply 3You misunderstood me. I don't use W8 i use W7 and am not planning to use W8. Since evidently your company needs to focus on w8 enhancements i have no more use for my OD subscription is what i meant.

So you're saying you don't want to keep your products up to date then?

Every OD and cursorfx and objectdock works perfectly. They are 'done' imho. I can't see what could be 'improved' when the new standard is the crippled W8. They'll need to change thing s a lot to get things to work like they do on w7 which more likely introduces problems on older systems than improve anything.

February 18, 2013 10:52:35 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

With regards to Windows 7:

We have DeskScapes 8 in development (which works great on Windows Vista/7/8).  WindowFX 5 was released recently which is pretty awesome.  Fences 2 of course is extremely popular and was just released. And of course, there's one of my personal favorites, Tiles

We also released Multiplicity 2 recently which lets you take two local machines and use them together as one (you can even drag and drop files between them as if the other machine was just a secondary monitor).

Plus, if you're an a former OS/2 user, you can probably appreciate our most popular desktop enhancement of all time -- WindowBlinds which was recently updated.

So sticking with Windows 7, which millions are, doesn't mean we go separate ways.  I'm typing this on a Windows 7 box.

February 18, 2013 11:37:08 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

7 is very much alive and well, and I count on Stardock to make it as customizable as possible, which it does.

8 is very much in need of Stardock. I am hopeful that Stardock will perform as usual and rock the world of Windows 8.

EDIT:

So hopeful, in fact, that my ODNT subscription is paid up through the end of 2016.

I have every confidence that Stardock will shine.

February 18, 2013 11:39:32 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Brad, I don't think Stardock has a program similar to DisplayFusion.  Or do you?

http://www.displayfusion.com/

Tiles looks interesting, will definitely need to take that out for a spin.

February 18, 2013 4:45:31 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Frogboy,
With regards to Windows 7:

We have DeskScapes 8 in development (which works great on Windows Vista/7/8). WindowFX 5 was released recently which is pretty awesome. Fences 2 of course is extremely popular and was just released. And of course, there's one of my personal favorites, Tiles.

We also released Multiplicity 2 recently which lets you take two local machines and use them together as one (you can even drag and drop files between them as if the other machine was just a secondary monitor).

Plus, if you're an a former OS/2 user, you can probably appreciate our most popular desktop enhancement of all time -- WindowBlinds which was recently updated.

So sticking with Windows 7, which millions are, doesn't mean we go separate ways. I'm typing this on a Windows 7 box.

I'm still not interested.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000203   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.