Option needed for folder portals

to hide the header in detailed view.

By on February 16, 2013 9:21:12 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

birkedam

Join Date 01/2013

Hi I like a option to hide the header in folder portals where it says "Name, Date modified, Type, Size" and soo on.

It takes up space, its ugly as hell, and I already know what details is listed below. Soo plz add the option to remove it from sight.

I found that this had been added to the 2.1 (and 2.09 beta), soo this post is out of date.

3 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 17, 2013 12:11:42 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

On the contrary, I don't particularly object to seeing the details header.

But, how to keep the details displayed fixed from one session to another? Every time I reboot I find that the details revert to a default, regardless of the file properties I want to see displayed. Or is there a 'save changes' I'm missing somewhere?

February 18, 2013 5:35:29 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Is this a details view portal? If so, that's in 2.01. From the control panel configuration prompt:

"To hide the header in a details view, click the menu icon that appears in the top left corner of the fence when the mouse is over it, and choose "Hide details header" from the "View" menu."

February 18, 2013 4:15:12 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I'm referring to a details view portal. I have already found and used the "Hide details header" option but, as I say, having the details header on view isn't a problem for me - I can take it or leave it. The focus of my question regards the actual details columns that are displayed.

For example, the default columns for music files are displayed as "Name", "#", "Title", "Contributing artists", "Album". I just want to see "Name", "Size", "Length", "Date modified". So, I deselect and select the columns displayed as appropriate; my layout lasts only for that current session - it reverts to the default layout when I reboot. Is it possible to keep my layout - if not, I don't see the point in being able to change it in the first place - or am I missing something?

I really like the way that Fences is going, especially the network drive connection detection and persistent fences across pages, both introduced in the beta, but the file details resetting is really bugging me.

And I haven't found the skinnable page indicator yet!

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000437   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.