Download wallpaper daily

By on February 13, 2013 8:10:20 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

zespri

Join Date 03/2006

Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere, please feel free to point me in the right direction.

I want to be able to get a random desktop wallpaper daily. If possible without the need to manually download them first. But even if I can download a couple of month worth of wallpapers in one go so that they change automatically it would do as well.

Is there any way to achieve this with Object Desktop? I know that you can let it cycle the wallpapers, but I can't find a way to let it *download* them and I also can't find a way to bulk download wallpapers from WinCustomize. Any advice?

3 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 18, 2013 1:37:30 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Hello,

Currently, there is not a method to achieve what you are wanting to do.

Regards. 

March 18, 2013 6:12:57 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I want to be able to get a random desktop wallpaper daily.

that's a feature of Windows. http://www.ehow.com/how_6501973_change-desktop-wallpaper-daily.html

I also can't find a way to bulk download wallpapers from WinCustomize. Any advice?

you could scrape the site with curl http://curl.haxx.se/ and unzip them with one of the many command-line unzippers. no, i am not going to write the script, or giving any more advice. just because it is technically possible, does not mean it would be nice behaviour. 

also you probably would not even like most of the wallpapers you download.

March 28, 2013 4:54:08 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

I use the feature embedded in Windows functionality, choosing "Change Picture Every 12 hours". You can choose whatever interval you want. I click on "Shuffle" and the images are used in random order. I've made it once and that's all, no more trouble even when I work for my annual credit report blog. Everything shuffles OK on my PC.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000172   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.