My Overdue intro

By on February 12, 2013 9:24:58 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

benmanns

Join Date 12/2005
+74

‘Hey there Folks !
Im Ben aka Roloccolor (color-color) here on wincustomize some may know me under the name organicandstyle.
I never took the time to actually introduce myself and I thought it would be the time to finally do so.

Im Ben iam currently 29 years old of age and I live in Germany, was born and raised here as well while my mom and my Grandparents are from Hungary. My Mum has  Hungarian roots while my Dad is from Germany.( I speak German fluently and try to get better in English but I do not speak Hungarian I know some words but that’s about it im a bit ashamed of it but well im not often in Hungary so I don’t need to.)

Im a student or will be one soon again, I want to make my bachelor in GFX Design what I don’t have at this moment and that sucks… especially if you want to find work in Germany
I work as a freelancer and make characters for all kinds of stuff.
I also worked full time besides that as salesman and did some labour work in the industry for 1 year in a 3 shift system until I had an accident. My first study I made was Sports Salesmen that I abandoned after 2 and a half years then I finished my salesman.

My goal is it to get my bachelor as fast as I can so I can climb the ladder a bit up and have more from my life financially as well as time for private things ,the time is very short for that atm.

My Hobbys:
Digital art, Computers, Sports, Cars, Music, Games

How I got to Wincustomize:
I remember that I was always addicted to gifs smileys- all those tiny animated graphics you get in instant messengers – I think that is where it all started…
I gathered these smileys gifs like others collected cards… seriously I had a ton of animated gifs on my PC. I remember we still had a dial up modem back then   anyway
sooner or later I wanted to customize my PC that was first when windows 95 PLUS came out…
I browsed the www for matching wallpapers or sounds… yeah
some time/years passed by and I discovered Deviantart and just a couple of months later Wincustomize I think that was around 2000 im not sure though.
I downloaded walls and icons until someday my download limit was reached. And i made a new account.
Then there came a little break had studies going on and just other things to work on, like the first car girlfriend I think I don’t have to go into detail on that we all been there .
 Then I bought my first Stardock products. And since that time I became addicted to all that creative stuff that happens here. Inspiring
Since I never subscribed to WC I thought “man you will have to give something back” and then I made my first skin ( that one is still a Wincustomize exclusive ) with the help of Vampothika & k10w3 I think there was even 2of3 helping me I bet even more folks than that sorry if I missed including you here I was able to pull it out and complete the skin.
I made 2 more windowblinds skins that are available here on Wincustomize and about 3 skins that I made as request, one that was fully animated called “science” where I got paid for doing it ( wasn’t much but I could use it at that time ) and the other 2 skins. I did those to make some folks/kids happy just to see a smile on their face.And it was worth it these 3 skins are not public for several reasons.

I may not be a good guy or have done not many good things in my past but when it comes to people that are in need in real need count me in.
I always try to help for a good cause- not necessary first world problems but when it comes to things like starving folks / folks that have no home or kids in Africa that suffer from not having enough nutrition’s while they grow up im there and willing to help where I can even if I don’t have food on the table for a couple of days.

I think the skins I made a while ago are good but im better and always have been better in making characters.
I was a sprayer back in my teen years and did some crazy shit until I got caught.
Had to pay for it but in the end I still think it was worth it. ( a too long story to explain why I think so has to do with expression in a non-violent way)
So due that time i learned making characters im pretty good in making them or random characters because of that.
All I know about digital art is self-taught… never had that in school in IT-class I mostly had bad degrees simply because I didn’t listen and most of time was bored and cut to the chase and on the way I ignored instructions.
While im a geek and would describe my knowledge about hardware and software as advanced. It is funny

Current state of skinning 
currently you will not see any skins from me simply because I can’t make any momentarily because im on windows8 but to be honest am concentrating more on character design currently.
Something in between I want to answer quickly is:
I was told if I don’t do enough skins I won’t get my master here on Wincustomize…
To that I want to say something… I’m not here to make profit or for a digital status- im here because I like it and because I can have fun. That is also a part where I would like to clear things up my main mother language is not English im not using a translator I write things down as I think they make sense. That is also the reason why sometimes my shit is confusing or makes no sense at all or becomes hard to understand if I try to express my thoughts when I don’t know the word for it in English but if I appear grumpy in my writings don’t take it personal IM NOT HERE to fight IM NOT HERE TO JUDGE
came here to share thoughts and get ideas for projects to be inspired and to have fun.
Back to the Master thing
I certainly don’t care about an partly imaginary digital status I could possibly reach here on Wincustomize if I would put more effort into it. Seriously I do not care about my own status or the download count I care about comments or critic I get on my uploads and the rating simply because they can help me get better.  But I do respect the folks that got that far for their skills and knowledge…but for myself speaking even if I reach Master someday (that would be cool of course) but I won’t make use of it in terms of selling stuff. If I would sell stuff I would make sure that the profit goes to charity skinning is and has been a hobby of mine but if I would charge for it I would feel guilty for all the free stuff that has equal quality and is free but I could see using it to help children in need and not to fill my wallet. Hope that made sense if not ask me about it and I will explain it over again.

My thoughts about wincustomize and Stardock
Wincustomize is a great site where you kind find technical support and help – people here and members help where they can and fast sometimes faster than any technical support  does. If you want to advance your knowledge about digital art Wincustomize is a great place to gather ideas and to get lots and lots of free skins that have high quality and you get honest feedback to your own work when requested. It contributes to many sections about skinning but also about building up a custom PC and general info about what goes on in the world.

Stardock software- I think stardock delivers some of the best software for you to customize your >PC in a way that won’t affect your system, mostly all of the programs use low recourses and they are a must have if you want a stable system that can be customized to the last corner or icon.
The software is extremely easy to use and mostly skins or complete themes can be applied with just a single click.
I love Stardock software not only because of the way it allows me to adjust my OS also because the support is pretty fast and live support is beyond great / Hi ZubaZ
Because the software is amazingly low in price for what you can do with it.

To the community:
I know when I first started here I took the wrong path and judged that was not my intension and I apologize again at this point for doing so…
I see things differently meanwhile and think each of the submitters up loaders  as a team when it comes to customizing, in the end we all have one goal to ake windows look great and that makes us a small family even if we had conflicts in the past.
To the moderators thanks for all your help and for all the information you put up to keep us informed you guys do a great job never seen mods here that actively participate like the mods here on Wincustomize do. Especially DOC he is one of those guys where you ask yourself how does he do it.
He is extremely fast in reply´s he is like Lucky Luke , mostly he responses faster than his shadow.
And he puts up informative posts about tech science and more.

I hope I did not bore you to death with my intro included some things that I didn’t had to but im overdue for more than 5 years so I thought a little extra couldn´t hurt.
that’s about it hope we can get the past out of the way
and look forward together as I do in following my hobby and dreams

Last but not least greetings to my Family : My MUM to my DAD my great Grandparents my Brothers his Wife and their new born- I love you all and to my Friends.

Sincerely
Ben

17 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 12, 2013 9:39:26 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

just a couple of months later Wincustomize I think that was around 2000 im not sure though.

Would have been 2001 ...

February 12, 2013 9:46:40 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

haha ok all i knew was it was due the time the Deutsche Mark was replaced by the Euro but close

February 12, 2013 10:06:24 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Very nice intro, Ben. I served in Germany in 1973-1974 in Sandhofen so I know first hand how wonderful the people there are. I was in a signal unit that set up radio sites all over the place so I got to see a good deal of the beautiful scenery. It was 18 great months. The food (and beer) was excellent also. My Great grandparents were from Germany, and my Granparent's neighbor was a very sweet old woman from Germany and I ran around with her grandson when I visited which was part of the reason I wanted to be stationed there.  Best of luck pursuing your dreams.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
February 12, 2013 10:54:22 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

he is one of those guys where you ask yourself how does he do it.

I'd tell you Ben, but then... 

February 12, 2013 11:09:39 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

in the end we all have one goal to ake windows look great and that makes us a small family even if we had conflicts in the past.

You left out the most important reason that we’re all here for; to have fun!

February 12, 2013 11:43:47 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Wizard1956,
Very nice intro, Ben. I served in Germany in 1973-1974 in Sandhofen so I know first hand how wonderful the people there are. I was in a signal unit that set up radio sites all over the place so I got to see a good deal of the beautiful scenery. It was 18 great months. The food (and beer) was excellent also. My Great grandparents were from Germany, and my Granparent's neighbor was a very sweet old woman from Germany and I ran around with her grandson when I visited which was part of the reason I wanted to be stationed there.  Best of luck pursuing your dreams.

I spend a good part of my childhood early teens with folks from the US stationed here, folks from Lincoln Village (that was close to Darmstadt) and then after i moved I lived near Rammstein.
People here are good, they just have a different mentality and are a little cold from the outside but once you get to know us we are great folks and you will notice you will get drunk here pretty quickly if someone likes you.
And yes we have some of the best brews but they should be handled with care when you’re not used to them.  

Quoting DrJBHL,
I'd tell you Ben, but then...

^^ yeah those black suite guys are not to mess with… so no more questions  
Quoting DPCloud,

quoting postin the end we all have one goal to ake windows look great and that makes us a small family even if we had conflicts in the past.

You left out the most important reason that we’re all here; to have fun!

Absolutely 

February 12, 2013 12:08:12 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I miss Germany.  I was there 82-84.  Bavaria + Beer = Bliss

February 12, 2013 12:40:43 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Don´t know about the old rustical food in 82-84 i was born back then and was consuming milk mostly but if you drink and eat that way all year you will have to do serious workout to stay in shape haha 

February 12, 2013 1:05:25 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Aside from world famous beer, really beautiful ladies, scenic countryside my favorites are the Black Forest, that's in Germany right, I think.....And they grow some of the best engineers on the planet. It it weren't for some megalomaniacal dipshit back in the day we'd probably be on the Moon right now.

February 12, 2013 3:12:01 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Nice of you to share, I am glad to know a little about you, thanks, congrats on your time at WC, which far exceeds mine.DT1

February 12, 2013 4:35:00 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Being of German descent and having been there a couple of times myself, once on a quick pass through while in the military and stationed in the UK, and once in 2004 on a tour, I really liked Germany. It was very pleasant and the people were very friendly. Because of the cost of living though I could never make it living there though, went into a small restaurant with relatives from the ex-wife's side of the family in Frankfurt to eat lunch and was I surprised after offering to pay the bill! A simple order of fish and chips and a soda ending up being $15.00 US a person, and there were 5 of us!

I was told that was a normal cost in Germany, yikes!

Nice write-up Rolocolor, I enjoyed reading it!

February 12, 2013 4:54:18 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Ben, welcome to the machine. 

February 12, 2013 5:14:07 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Im a student or will be one soon again, I want to make my bachelor in GFX Design what I don’t have at this moment and that sucks

thanks for sharing.

www.pokemon-towerdefense.com

February 12, 2013 5:14:22 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Uvah,
Aside from world famous beer, really beautiful ladies, scenic countryside my favorites are the Black Forest, that's in Germany right, I think.....And they grow some of the best engineers on the planet. It it weren't for some megalomaniacal dipshit back in the day we'd probably be on the Moon right now.

Well said Uvah...
Quoting doortech1,
Nice of you to share, I am glad to know a little about you, thanks, congrats on your time at WC, which far exceeds mine.DT1

Hey im glad to share some info and its about time to make it
Quoting LightStar,
Being of German descent and having been there a couple of times myself, once on a quick pass through while in the military and stationed in the UK, and once in 2004 on a tour, I really liked Germany. It was very pleasant and the people were very friendly. Because of the cost of living though I could never make it living there though, went into a small restaurant with relatives from the ex-wife's side of the family in Frankfurt to eat lunch and was I surprised after offering to pay the bill! A simple order of fish and chips and a soda ending up being $15.00 US a person, and there were 5 of us!
I was told that was a normal cost in Germany, yikes!
Nice write-up Rolocolor, I enjoyed reading it!

You say it even if health insurance and social assistance in Germany is given if you work fulltime anything else is so expensive that you can hardly afford it unless you have a very well-paid work. What most don´t have...that is also the reason why 58% percent is currently screaming for a currency reform to the old currency the question is if that will happen... i doubt it but that is very politically speaking since banks would have to pay out instead of counting income...
But the main crooks are not the guys you meet and pay in a restaurant there sitting up top and force the high prices
If you want to eat good and cheap in Frankfurt you will have to eat Döner or Lamacun tasty healthy and yummy and always fresh ingredients 
We have those Döner stands all around and they are way better fresher as any fast food label you can find here.A döner or Lamacun is about 3,50 euros or 4 euros in Berlin its more common and is even cheaper.
But restaurants are expansive in general that’s true. 

February 12, 2013 6:36:24 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Roloccolor,
haha ok all i knew was it was due the time the Deutsche Mark was replaced by the Euro but close

Lol.....It took many years for Germans to get used to saying: Kann ich mit Euro bezahlen

February 12, 2013 6:39:23 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting 2of3,
Lol.....It took many years for Germans to get used to saying: Kann ich mit Euro bezahlen

I know that because I work on the Color Line passenger ferry that sails between Kiel, Germany and Oslo, Norway. My German is ok.....let's say that your English is muuuuch better than my German!

February 14, 2013 1:59:32 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting RedneckDude,
Ben, welcome to the machine. 
THANKYOU
Quoting hassamahmed,
www.pokemon-towerdefense.com
Ty for your comment but i dont know what to do with that pokemon game haha

@2of3 
Jupp it took them pretty long to get along with the euro but many still calculate in Deutsche mark they compare the euro price with the old value its weird.
Ordered a bamboo pad for myself.. found it in our garden today, the delivery guy just left it there so it was outside the whole night... nothing wrong with that but it was -9 degree´s celsius overnight. When i unpacked it its was ice ice cold and after a minute it was fogged, therefore i left it unwrapped for an hour set it up and it is  working, im realy glad it is. So much to our quality delivery system, if this would have been a order of the cintiq or above i would be pretty pissed.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000328   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.