[Bug] [Beta 2.1] Folder Portal reverts to Details view after resolution resize

By on February 10, 2013 1:23:57 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Das123

Join Date 05/2003
+79

If you make a fence from a directory and make the view for the fence 'List' it does what it is supposed to.

If you then resize your screen resolution the view for that fence changes to 'Details'.

Hope this can be fixed as I use fences a lot in list view and also have to change my resolutions quite often.

EDIT:

This is still broken in beta 2.1

3 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 2, 2013 1:46:44 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Thanks for this information.

I am running Win XP and just downloaded Fences 2.10. I really need to be able to have the option to View in List or Detail view. All I have are opacity degree settings.

Any suggestions? Am I missing a patch or something? This seems so obvious and elementary like an oversight.

Thanks for any help!!

May 2, 2013 6:19:13 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting weechva,

Thanks for this information.

I am running Win XP and just downloaded Fences 2.10. I really need to be able to have the option to View in List or Detail view. All I have are opacity degree settings.

Any suggestions? Am I missing a patch or something? This seems so obvious and elementary like an oversight.

Thanks for any help!!

Windows XP does not support the folder portals feature and that's the only mode with the ability to use anything but standard icon mode.

May 2, 2013 8:16:25 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting ,

If you make a fence from a directory and make the view for the fence 'List' it does what it is supposed to.

If you then resize your screen resolution the view for that fence changes to 'Details'.

Hope this can be fixed as I use fences a lot in list view and also have to change my resolutions quite often.

EDIT:

This is still broken in beta 2.1

I was not able to reproduce you issue as you described it. After changing the resolution, the Folder Portal kept the list view. 

Please create a support ticket at support@stardock.com.  Also, please download and run the following utility:

http://sd.stardock.com/SDSupportTool.exe

This is a tool that we use to gather relevant log files and basic information about your computer. Once the utility finishes running, please send back the .zip file it creates on the desktop.

Also, please reply with any screenshots that may help illustrate your issue(s).

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000406   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.