Weirdos

By on February 9, 2013 12:49:04 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1089

IMG_2236

(Alex – 16 year old son, Ryan – 12 year old son, Debbie – wife, me are looking out the window at all the mouse trails under the snow)

Debbie: That’s pretty cool

Ryan: You know, this family is pretty weird

Alex: Shut up and get ready to go to the Lizard show [we’re about to leave to go to a reptile show]

18 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 9, 2013 1:13:27 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I think you have a mouse problem...... 

February 9, 2013 1:52:49 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I wonder why the city on the bottom is not connected to the road-network. Those mice need to rethink their algorithms!

February 9, 2013 2:47:41 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I used to keep lots of reptiles and amphibians years ago. Caught a couple pygmy rattlers and brought them home at 15. When I was 12 early one morning I went out in the woods and caught 10 pairs of Bufos marinus (cane toads) and put them in the bathtub. Funnest time ever for me until mom came in!

I used to make terrariums too.

A dude who was president of our Herpetology Club down here in South Florida had his salt water croc get loose!

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
February 9, 2013 2:57:19 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Frozen dinners for owls.

February 9, 2013 3:57:31 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I have always wanted to go to the Daytona Reptile Expo, an awesome way to see and buy hard to find animals and the latest and best maintenance systems(Like new full spectrum lighting) to ensure your pets have the best quality of life and health one can get. 

Have fun at the reptile show, and post pics!!!!!! (Of the merchandise)

Protip: putting a ground feeder(With sunflower seeds/peanuts) out where the mice trails are and watching it at night you can see the mice run around and be cute

February 9, 2013 4:34:11 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

OR you could get a couple of cats, and have the mice disappear

harpo

February 9, 2013 5:42:25 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I'm glad to hear kids are still interested in such things.  And the exchange between them sounds so .. "normal"

February 9, 2013 6:07:42 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Ryan: You know, this family is pretty weird

Ne'er a truer word....

February 9, 2013 9:21:59 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Damned mice!  Killed one last night in out kitchen... upstairs.  Yeah, a neighbour has horses, thus stock feed, which attracts mice and such.

Sometimes they find their way over here, but how they keep getting in beats me.  I've checked thoroughly all around the property and can see no entry points.  Same with my niece, who lived here for 5 years before renting to us. She could never find how they were getting in, either. and resorted to setting traps, as I have done.

February 10, 2013 8:15:41 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Yeah, I've had 2 mice in my house over the last 3 years... notice I said "had".

Depending on the breed of mouse starkers, they can flatten themselves so that their entire body is no taller than the height of their head, and then scoot under doors or through holes you could not possibly imagine them getting through. I had a really small area around where my gas pipe comes up through the floor into my stove that the mice got through from the crawlspace somehow. They were stealing the dogs food and storing it under my refrigerator! I sealed around the pipe, set mouse poison out under the fridge and found the dead mouse the next day. So far no more mice. (Knocks on wood.)

February 10, 2013 8:24:55 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting starkers,
Sometimes they find their way over here, but how they keep getting in beats me. I've checked thoroughly all around the property and can see no entry points. Same with my niece, who ...

i seriously thought for a second there that we were going to get a line about how starkers can't figure out how his niece got into the house.

anyway, i used to have a mouse issue but Bones, my cat, has dealt with that pretty well. he's one hunting son of a gun.

February 10, 2013 1:33:58 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Could be a whole lot worse...

February 11, 2013 12:05:18 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting LightStar,
Depending on the breed of mouse starkers, they can flatten themselves so that their entire body is no taller than the height of their head, and then scoot under doors or through holes you could not possibly imagine them getting through.

That's the thing, there are no entry points like that into the main house.  The entry/exit doors are sliding except one, and it has only 1.5cm gap between it and the floor.  There is the garage, and it's possible they might be able to squeeze under the tilt doors, but there is still no visible access to the man cave [downstairs area] or main house upstairs.  My niece even had a pest control expert out and even he could not find where they were getting in.... but, as I type this, I think I may have discovered the method of access.

Yeah, so what happens is this!  The mouse/mice are scurrying around outside when a bird or birds grab it/them and soar upwards and drop them/it on the roof - which may be merely be accidental or a conspiracy between them, I'm not sure - where upon the mouse/mice get under the roof, into the wall cavities and into... er, no, that doesn't work, either... no access from within the wall cavities.

Oh well, the thread is entitled "Weirdos".

February 11, 2013 12:11:54 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting starkers,
has only 1.5cm gap between it and the floor.

That's more than enough...

February 11, 2013 1:05:17 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting starkers,
where upon the mouse/mice get under the roof, into the wall cavities

The little devils can crawl up the sides of houses too, at least brick.  Plicked one off about half way up the second floor on his way up once.

February 11, 2013 1:59:12 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Jafo,

Quoting starkers, reply 13has only 1.5cm gap between it and the floor.

That's more than enough...

Dammit... WTF am I always doing this... typos.  Then I corrected a typo with another typo  It was supposed to be about 1.5mm... like this gap barely allows daylight in, much less mice.

Quoting DaveRI,

Quoting starkers, reply 13where upon the mouse/mice get under the roof, into the wall cavities

The little devils can crawl up the sides of houses too, at least brick.  Plicked one off about half way up the second floor on his way up once.

That's not it, either.  The brick facia is only on the front of the house, and then that has a metal guard with a protruding lip that mice wouldn't be able to get past.  The rest of the lower section is smooth paneling that mice couldn't scale... and the back stairs are on a smooth steel framework with the steps too far apart, so they're not climbing those.  furthermore, the house is on a concrete slab that well exceeds the outer walls, so they're not burrowing in, either.  Like I said, even the pest control bloke was stumped

February 12, 2013 12:29:20 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Kids - they have not learned how to not speak honestly!  LOL

February 13, 2013 5:11:28 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Dr Guy,
Kids - they have not learned how to not speak honestly! LOL

And they have the uncanny knack of embarrassing you when you least expect it.

We have a 4 y/o grandson named Decon, who is a chatty little fellow and not at all shy.  I call him Sausage... a term of endearment I had for my son about that age.   Anyhow, he and Shaunna were in an elevator the other day with another lady when Decon pipes up and says to her: "Gidday Sausage."

Yeah, he caught Shaunna somewhat unawares and feeling a little red faced, but the lady laughed when Shaunna explained that it's what I call him, and that we're Grandad Sausage and Nanny Sausage.  I suppose it's his way of distinguishing us from his other grandparents, but yeah, I had to have a giggle about it myself.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000375   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.