Fences won't activate on my computer - ticket opened two days ago with no response.

By on February 8, 2013 7:11:34 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

mcshaken

Join Date 02/2013

Ticket ID: LOK-902-60306

Using public version of Fences for over a year now with no problems.  Decided to pay for the upgrade to 2.0 to support the developers, but can't get the program to register at all.  Opened ticket listed above two days ago with no response (other than automated message), and in the meantime I get the registration nag screen popping up all day long

rant

This is driving me nuts.  Looking through the threads it appears that others are complaining of going a couple days without a response/resolution as well. The automated response states, "Also, please note that replying to a support ticket before receiving a reply from technical support will reset the activity counter on the ticket. This will move your ticket to the end of our incoming work queue and delay our response."  Great, so we have to sit on our hands or be threatened to be sent to the back of the line if we ask why it's taking so long for a response?? Not a good way to do business.

/rant

15 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 11, 2013 6:21:39 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Did they say - is there a required (maximum) support reply time?
For example, some companies promise a reply in 24 hours, others - 48 hours.

February 11, 2013 6:59:10 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

mcshaken...it has been outside of office hours until around about now, according to my clock on Michigan time...it's now 8am Monday, so I expect you'll have a response shortly.

FYI I'm not in the US so cannot solve the issue directly....

The reason re not responding/sending a second email is that when a second communication is received the assumption is that the issue in whatever was the first ticket has now changed and thus makes the first ticket redundant.  Any other ticket from others in between the two from you are now effectively thus in front as your second becomes the relevant communication and later/after theirs.

I know it may sound weird but it is entirely logical...

February 11, 2013 7:46:14 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Responded with a fix.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
February 11, 2013 9:54:39 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Zubaz,
Responded with a fix.

I do NOT have any problem/issue yet, but the question begs to be asked --->
What is your policy on support tickets reply time? 24 hours max? 48 hours? 1 week?
I work in tech support for a small company, and we reply to ALL tickets in 24 business hours.
I realize Stardock is a much bigger company with many more tickets to handle. 

February 11, 2013 10:33:36 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

24 business hours is the goal.  We are closed on the weekends so the first part of the week is longer than the end usually as we catch up.

February 11, 2013 11:43:50 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Zubaz,
24 business hours is the goal.  We are closed on the weekends so the first part of the week is longer than the end usually as we catch up.

OK, thanks! Yeah, same here - most of the support work is on Monday/Tuesday.

February 11, 2013 12:21:21 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I sent an email to support at 8:29 AM, had an auto reply by 8:30 AM. and was "officially" responded to by 9:37 AM. This may or may not be typical but it is certainly faster than I expected.   Not bad for a Monday.

Thanks, support guy!

February 11, 2013 4:12:48 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Thanks all.

Received a response today, but so far the suggested fix hasn't worked. I'm also getting the error message "maximum activations reached" when entering my serial number (doing the automated registration isn't working either).  Sent a response to support and am waiting for a reply.  I'll update this thread once we figure out what the problem.  Hopefully it'll help someone down the road.

February 14, 2013 12:13:02 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Yes I am having the SAME issue, very limmted communicaiton and the help was useless. I will try the HELP  Line once again?!?!? and keep you posted.

February 14, 2013 12:25:24 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting hrod69,
Yes I am having the SAME issue, very limmted communicaiton and the help was useless. I will try the HELP Line once again?!?!? and keep you posted.

It's currently 1.24 am Stardock time...so you'll need to wait a few more hours until Office hours, US time ...

February 14, 2013 7:50:28 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting hrod69,
Yes I am having the SAME issue, very limmted communicaiton and the help was useless. I will try the HELP  Line once again?!?!? and keep you posted.

You have a response now.

February 14, 2013 11:49:29 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Okay, so what I've found so far is that support takes about two days for a response (longer if you send something late Wednesday afternoon).  Either they're understaffed, overwhelmed with support issues, or maybe two days is an acceptable turnaround for the management at Stardock.

The issue I was having with fences is fixed now.  Stardock sent me a batch file that worked, but I couldn't register it until they reset my registration count (along with a note about their activation limit policy).  So what should have taken a day or two, took about a week. The biggest frustration was the activation screen that kept popping up throughout the day while I was trying to get things done.

I like Fences (been using the free version for over a year) but I'm hesitant to purchase another Stardock product. Slow support and being chastised for asking them to reset my activation count (which hit the limit due to the product not installing correctly) has left a bad taste in my mouth.

My hope this that my experience isn't a common one.

February 14, 2013 11:22:47 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

On Monday (2/11) I was notified that my 30 day trial of Fences had expired. I like the product, so I decided to purchase a license. After paying for the license, I haven’t been able to successfully register/activate the product through either the login method or by entering the serial number. I then tried uninstalling, rebooting and reinstalling the software – once again, rebooting the machine. Still no luck. I had to uninstall the software now to avoid the annoying popup window you receive anytime you click on your desktop.

I opened a support ticket on Monday, February 11 at 9:17am CST and as of the time of this post it has been 4 business days and not a peep from the support group other than the automated e-mail response you receive upon submitting the initial support request.

Zubaz states that a 24 hour response time is the goal, but it's been over 96 hours and I have no response. I'm very disappointed. 

I'd appreciate a response or a refund of my money.

February 14, 2013 11:33:54 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

chrislittle it's possible your email spam filter ate any responses [it happens].

Again, it's 12.30 am US time so you should expect someone here to respond in around 8 hours or so.

I'm still on the wrong side of the planet and thus have no access to customer accounts...

February 15, 2013 7:35:17 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

You created the case on the 11th . .and then you replied on the 13th repeating the question . . which put you at the end of the queue.

In any case, you have a reply now.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001640   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.