Start8 License from different account

By on February 5, 2013 3:27:47 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Bobsir

Join Date 01/2013

Hello,

I've been forced to use Win8 at work, and found Start8 as my salvation. I even managed to get my boss to buy it for me. He created an account and bought a license, and then forwarded me the order email from sales@stardock, but unfortunately licenses are tied to accounts so I was unable to use the key he sent me.

What can be done? I really don't want to have to ask my boss to give me his account details, and over complicate something that really should be much simpler.

Thanks, Bob

3 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 5, 2013 7:27:15 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

If he emails us with your account info I can transfer it.

support@stardock.com

April 25, 2013 6:24:08 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

What can be done? I really don't want to have to ask the boss to give me his account details.

I support the question. Just for my situation it is not boss, but IT supplier.

Additionally the account I write from does not recieve any mails, it was nevertheless activated "somehow", it can access forum and shop.

peteratstart8, peteratstart88 .

April 26, 2013 3:37:48 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I'm deeply impressed by the software (Start8, ModernMix) and by the website and forum. And the price. But the account mechanism for this tools does not  match needs. It was probably good for the smaller markets of games and enterprise tools.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000406   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.