Fences Changelog Request

By on February 4, 2013 4:02:34 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Jaga Telesin

Join Date 02/2008

I'd like to put out a formal request for a changelog page (or pages) for the Fences product.  Trying to decide whether or not to recommend the software to clients and I have some unresolved bugs still lurking (I think) in the software.  I spent enough time reporting them as it was and don't care to lose more time re-testing for them.

Posting a changelog for all to see is a much more efficient use of everyone's time.  Hence my request for it.  Thank you.

6 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 21, 2013 1:30:54 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I'd like this, too. I received notice of a 2.1 being available, but I have no idea why I should bother updating from 2.0 w/o actually going through the process to see the differences.

A changelog, moving forward, should be simple to document & an added value to both existing & future customers.

February 21, 2013 1:56:13 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I think there was a link in the announcement . . but you can fid it here: http://www.stardock.com/products/fences/history.asp

February 21, 2013 2:41:53 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Zubaz,
I think there was a link in the announcement . . but you can fid it here: http://www.stardock.com/products/fences/history.asp

Umm, umm! Where is Fences 2.09 info??

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
February 21, 2013 2:50:54 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting nakibest,
Quoting Zubaz, reply 2I think there was a link in the announcement . . but you can fid it here: http://www.stardock.com/products/fences/history.asp

Umm, umm! Where is Fences 2.09 info??

2.09 is Fences 2.1 Beta1

February 21, 2013 2:53:46 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

OK, this is strange!
Stardock Central prompted me to install Fences 2.09. Then it appeared to install OK, and wanted a restart of the OS.

I duly restarted. Then I see the version of Fences still as 2.01? What went wrong?
Using Windows 7 64-bit, Ultimate, SP1 + paid version of Fences 2.x. 

February 21, 2013 3:03:28 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting nakibest,
I duly restarted. Then I see the version of Fences still as 2.01? What went wrong?

The product is updated . . the version number is not.  Betas, right?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000125   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.