Dead Space 3

By on February 2, 2013 8:01:36 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

benmanns

Join Date 12/2005
+74

It is almost the time to sit back on the weekend and play one of my favourite games of all time, and this time with a buddy to back me up.
What am I talking about? About Dead Space 3 ( rated Mature ) on my very first play I managed to fight through the Ishimura where the character Isaac suffered from various scratches and got a little Paranoid -just a little.
The first game was amazing and it is one of the most shocking and scariest hold your breath games I´ve ever played till that time.
Where Dead Space 1 starts off with a tiny bit of peace -Dead SPace 2 jumps right into action your butt is in trouble from the very get go! ALL the story and short films are great in this game You will even visit places you have been before THE Ishimura
Now it is only six more days until the third part is released...
IN Dead Space 1+2 you had to fight through singleplayer on your own and boy was it scary ( seriously )
Now in Dead Space3 you can play through singleplayer with a buddy and I think it will double the fun and will bring more options for tactical gameplay.
Anyway am excited 

15 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 2, 2013 8:59:18 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I'll leave that to the not faint of heart! Nope. Ain't gonna do it. Uh uh...Bye.

February 2, 2013 9:27:45 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Uvah,
I'll leave that to the not faint of heart! Nope. Ain't gonna do it. Uh uh...Bye.

HAHA when i first played DeadSpace1 i didnt know what the game was about ... I thought ok a shooter some alien thingys come and attack you just like in duke nukem right ( easy i thought ) but then i found myself in a corner without a gun and nothing to defend myself  surrounded by about 15 monster comming my way attacking-  I was running and screaming i remember saying things like....  what the ohh NO.... NO please ahhhh...and when i was finally in a elevator and thought i was save all of a sudden some monster opened up the elevator doors and attacked me that was the part where i screamed like a little girl and had a very high heart bpm. Wasn´t prepared for the elevator to open up again...But things like this make this game sooo good... 

February 5, 2013 9:42:34 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

It has been released today in the US... sadly i will have to wait another 2 days or try a proxy 

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
February 9, 2013 7:21:03 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Ok i thought, after the first 2 evenings spend i should make a short report- i must say it is an absolutely worthy successor- I love it.
The weapon system is great you can build your own weapons of parts you find and upgrade these to your needs in multiple ways and make crazy weapons.
Already found lots of inspiration for future characters! Everyone like me who is into games like this and is also making characters, if you are age 18 and ran out of ideas go and play that game.
i can´t write much since i don´t want to Spoil anything of the Story so i only will say the Terrain and the World looks amazing and you will also be able to float around in Space among scrap metal and asteroids like you did in DS2.

February 11, 2013 6:49:04 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Where's all the gamers??

February 11, 2013 6:58:41 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Uvah,
Where's all the gamers??

In the gamer forums. This is the skinning /customizing department.

February 12, 2013 7:24:22 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Meh you know how it is to pick the right section here... 
To me this game is art... It is one of the many games that looks freaking impressive on the PC while it is a port from console... The game ran through the whole game with 1 little bug but nothing major to mention. If you turn of vsync in the game the game runs with 100-130 frames per second on max details.
( sounds impossible but that is what i get displayed ) everything is very fluid in motion controlls all work very good on the PC...
Back to the ARTPART
Each good game is stuffed with it, while i like to play games in general the creative and inspiring bonus that comes along in good titles with a game or a movie is sometimes more of a reason besides the fun of watching or playing them. 
In fact im currently working on a model bc of the game  might make it into a statue using a 3d printer ^^ when im done.
I always pick something from the game or have my own idea whikle playing and try to make a model out of it when i find the time or a rough sketch so i can use that for future projects.

I played through the game this weekend with a buddy and currently we are on playthrough #2 on the hardest difficulty ( completed the game with only 1 side mission left out ) Did that one on the 2# run.
Cant wait till march to get the dlc that will continue the story...

February 12, 2013 9:00:36 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I am with you Roloccolor!

Like Doom 3, Dead Space is best played in a slightly darkened room for maximum effect!

Great series Dead Space!

February 12, 2013 2:51:00 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I somehow got the limited edition on a torrent. Even though its not released. (Or is it)

February 12, 2013 9:34:04 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting HydroAmbience,
I somehow got the limited edition on a torrent. Even though its not released. (Or is it)

Dude, we don't look too kindly on warez on this site. You should buy what you want. 

February 12, 2013 10:08:44 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

One comment...then 'poof' ...

February 12, 2013 10:40:50 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting HydroAmbience,
I somehow got

Quoting Jafo,
One comment...then 'poof' ...

February 15, 2013 5:54:26 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Quicksilver007,
I am with you Roloccolor!

Like Doom 3, Dead Space is best played in a slightly darkened room for maximum effect!

Great series Dead Space!

Hehe jupp i also play in the evening, doom3 was more scary than DS3 i think simply because of the flashlight

as far as i remember you had to switch between the light or your weapon in Doom3

Then someone invented the ductape mod  i currently wait for some news on doom4 its been announced by carmack to be seen soon
Still we dont have any real scxreenshots about it.They need to make one big show to get over the last release of RAGE.

March 4, 2013 11:14:24 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I don't like Dead Space franchise much, because it shares many problems common to console games, and that is wrestling with game's controls, not the enemies or the environment. 

Half of the screen is obscured by your character's backside, the "scariness" effect is achieved by the fact that you cannot effectively look around with R-stick, your character controls like a tank and you cannot effectively dodge/attack in combat. Most of the time, you struggle to aim with a crappy analog stick while the enemy rushes stupidly at you. The devs know their controls suck, so they added a "spell" to freeze the enemy.

The rest is nauseous stomping around in enemy entrails and bodyparts. The story is nothing memorable either.

To be fair, the game has nice zero-g areas and gameplay, and makes you really feel like moving through derelict space structures.

The D3 system of crafting weapons is attrocious. 

March 5, 2013 7:09:36 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Thats why i play on pc with my mouse and withmy keyboard i have a microsoft controler here but not using it for DS3...
No issues no bugs all handles well and the aiming is nice. ( the spell to freeze enmys with static )  I agree that is overpowered but as a fan you will play with the plasmacutter only ^^ makes it much mjuch harder since many weapons are simply overpowered but fun to use on the first run

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001672   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.