DeskScapes™ 8 beta and Start8™ 1.10.1 beta now available!

By on January 31, 2013 2:38:12 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

redskittles...

Join Date 03/2010
+43

Early access for Object Desktop subscribers.

A benefit of an Object Desktop™ subscription is early access to our upcoming software releases before the general public.

Today we updated subscriber’s Stardock Accounts with the Start8 1.10.1 and DeskScapes 8 betas at no additional charge. They will also have access to the full release versions in the near future. Customers who have purchased just Start8 also have access to the beta.

DeskScapes 8 now supports Windows® 8 and features an all-new user interface to make customizing your desktop wallpapers easier than ever.

Features:
•  Windows 8 support (Windows 7 also supported)

•  Windows 8-ready Dream Library on WinCustomize
•  Customize your wallpapers with animations and effects
•  Apply over 40 special effects to your desktop
•  Re-color your existing wallpapers
•  Support for custom wallpapers on each monitor
•  Use your own custom image and videos as wallpapers

DeskScapes 8 New UI

[DeskScapes 8 comes with an entirely new UI. Choose your wallpaper or dream (left), make adjustments and see a preview of yourwallpaper or dream (center) and customize your adjustments (right).]

Recolor you wallpaper

[Recolor your existing wallpapers. Using a simple slider DeskScapes helps you apply new colors to wallpapers. Color customization can be applied to an entire image or only to select colors.]

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Start8, the #1 Windows 8 start menu solution in the world, keeps getting better.

Features:
•  Advanced configuration options provided by Start8Tweak.exe in the application directory
•  Additional enhancement details can be found here: http://www.stardock.com/products/start8/history.asp

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now is your chance to get access to these betas and more! 

How to subscribe to Object Desktop:
Subscribe to Object Desktop today to get early access to the betas and instant access to a suite of our top products.  http://www.stardock.com/products/odnt/purchase.asp

Already and Object Desktop subscriber?
Downloading the Start8 1.10.1 and DeskScapes 8 Betas is as easy as visiting your Stardock Account at: https://store.stardock.com/myaccount/products

15 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 31, 2013 3:36:44 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Sweet!!!

January 31, 2013 4:42:21 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I hope that the final version supports more formats than version 2.5. Like HD formats h264, mp4 etc ...

Thanks ... 

February 1, 2013 10:04:15 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Fantastic!  Only the best from Stardock!

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
February 2, 2013 7:12:20 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Je pense que c'est une bonne idée , même si beaucoup de personne revienne sur Windows 7 ! Car Windows 8 n'a pas été un franc suces auprès des utilisateur Windows,  suite à sont Interface graphique normalement attribuer  au smartphone ou au tablette.

Donc d'un coté je pense que il n'y aura pas beaucoup d'achat sur les logiciels dans le système d'exploitation Windows 8 

mais merci pour cette nouvelle version même si je ne peut pas la testé,  quoi que vous crée sa sera toujours du très bon travaille . 

merci a toute l'équipe Stardock corporation  

Kristopher Lefort 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think it is a good idea, although a lot of people back to Windows 7! For Windows 8 has not been a big Windows user with Pacifier following GUI are normally attributed to the smartphone or tablet.

So on one hand I think there will not be much to purchase the software in the operating system Windows 8

but thank you for this new version even if I can not test, whatever you create will always be his very good work .

thank you to all the team Stardock Corporation  

Kristopher Lefort 

February 2, 2013 7:22:52 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Hi !

An update for Deskscapes seems to be a great idea (and really needed, by the way), but I keep wondering, where the heck did the random background feature go ?

I don't know if I'm dumb or what but I can't find it. Don't tell me that you did delete it, please, that would be ridiculous. 

By the way, I guess it's not really related, but I cannot access some of the dreams in the wincustomize list (for this one and this one especially), do anyone know why ? Okay forget about that I don't know why but now it seems to work.

February 2, 2013 8:29:52 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting LoosGuccreen,
Don't tell me that you did delete it, please, that would be ridiculous
Not nearly as ridiculous as removing the option to revert back to the previously applied wallpaper.  

EDIT: This option is back. Click on the question mark at top right in config. Thank you!

February 2, 2013 9:17:16 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

This update still does not work with Windows 8 Pro

February 2, 2013 9:18:41 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting zeuseason,
This update still does not work with Windows 8 Pro

Yes it does.

What problems are you having?

February 2, 2013 9:43:42 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Getting this error from event viewer.

Faulting application name: DSHost.exe, version: 8.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x50f6f211
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.2.9200.16451, time stamp: 0x50988aa6
Exception code: 0xc06d007e
Fault offset: 0x000000000003811c
Faulting process id: 0x13c0
Faulting application start time: 0x01ce01506b2a8b1f
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Stardock\Object Desktop\DeskScapes8\DSHost.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: a9357b07-6d43-11e2-be88-c8600014a1f8
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

I was able to temporarily get this to work.  I say temporarily because it's working now but I'm not sure for how long lol

Run msconfig, reboot into safemode in Win 8, run Deskscapes 8 & Apply to Desktop, re-run msconfig and reboot normally.

February 2, 2013 3:50:46 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

By the way, since it's a beta and it still could be improved, I think it would be great (to restore the previousely mentioned features, but also) to be able to add tags to the dreams and wallpapers.

The idea is that if I want for example all my wallpaper and dream with snow, I just have to type "snow" and there it is, etc.

February 18, 2013 2:33:39 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I was wondering.

Is there a (future) possibility that DeskScapes(8) and Decor(8) get merged?
Cause at the moment they are both in the business of applying a custom background.

Although DeskScapes has more options then Decor, while some of the DeskScapes functions might look cool in the spots only Decor reaches now.

February 18, 2013 2:50:23 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting GTX2GvO,
I was wondering.

Is there a (future) possibility that DeskScapes(8) and Decor(8) get merged?
Cause at the moment they are both in the business of applying a custom background.

Although DeskScapes has more options then Decor, while some of the DeskScapes functions might look cool in the spots only Decor reaches now.

I think possibly part of the problem would be in that DeskScape 8 is an update to include Windows 8 it is, I believe, still compatible with atleast Windows 7 and maybe for Vista and XP while Decor 8 really only applies to Windows 8.  I could be wrong but that's how it looks to me.  

February 18, 2013 2:59:35 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Philly0381,
and maybe for Vista and XP

DS8 will not work on Vista and earlier systems.

February 18, 2013 3:29:35 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Thanks Zubaz.  So it's correct to say that DS8 is not a Win 8 only program like Decor 8?

February 18, 2013 3:48:23 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Philly0381,
So it's correct to say that DS8 is not a Win 8 only program like Decor 8?

It is.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000813   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.