graphics look like crap

sins rebellion

By on January 26, 2013 11:54:02 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums External Link

rascal43

Join Date 02/2007

Hello,

I have bought and played all the sins games and love love them. I know the graphics well. For whatever reason though the graphics in sins rebellion look like complete sh%t after I installed it. I am using what ever the defaults are.

Like look at this crap:

http://i.imgur.com/92eiqp6.jpg

my computer is a:

Intel i7 920 @ 2.67 (8cpus) ~2.7
16 G RAM
Radeon HD 6970 2GB

Anyone tell me why everything looks like crap.

12 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 27, 2013 2:58:39 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Probably should put this in technical. This forum section isn't just for Sins. Also the default graphics are different for each computer, depending on what the game thinks your PC can handle, so please tell us what they're set to.

January 27, 2013 9:35:28 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Because Rebellion added nearly 50% more texture data to the game (from 1GB to 1.47GB on disk), and it still has to run on 32bit Windows, the texture resolution on the smallest ships was halved to compensate to a degree. However, the minimum zoom level was also increased, and an entirely new shadow effects system was added. If you do an apples-to-apples comparison, most would likely agree that rebellion looks a lot nicer (particularly due to the new lighting).

You can only really notice the lower resolution if you focus on something else and swing the camera around to get closer than the zoom limit permits, as in the OP screenshot. The older versions let you zoom a lot closer, but realistically that extra detail was wasted for anything but screenshots.

January 27, 2013 10:22:36 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Is there any guide on how to tweak the graphic settings?

I played regular sins and it looked 100x better than what it currently looks like on my computer regardless of the zoom level. Something doesn't seem right to me.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
January 27, 2013 10:58:52 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Nm. I switched everything to highest it looks better didn't realize that these settings were under a different option.

Thanks

January 27, 2013 3:06:14 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

January 28, 2013 5:49:32 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

In every game there are options to increase graphic settings, it would be a shame if Sins didnt have one

January 28, 2013 11:25:21 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

You can increase the graphics settings in the Options menu.  Just set all your texture settings to Highest.

February 1, 2013 5:01:20 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

id like 2 increase the graphics, but get minidump if do so lol

February 1, 2013 5:40:14 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting 5lav,
id like 2 increase the graphics, but get minidump if do so lol

Means your computer is not strong enough to handle the increase, was it lagging on the graphic settings before you wanted to increase? Was it a one level increase like from medium to good or something?

February 1, 2013 5:54:00 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Solved it now via the config 

March 10, 2013 2:06:11 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

See, I have a different problem. I have been playing Sins for a couple years now, had Trinity and have been laying Rebellion since it came out. I have noticed recently (the past few days?) that my graphics aren't displaying well either, except I have all the settings on "Highest". Normally Sins looks fantastic on my computer, however for some reason now the planet geology looks all blurry, ships look cheesy, and some other small things just don;t look how they used to. My graphics card is up to date, my game is up to date, I reset all the settings on Sins to the defaults, saved, restarted, then changed them all back to the highest, still nothing. It's odd because it's both Sins Rebellion and Sins Trinity/Diplomacy displaying like this, and my brother who has a similar quality computer and graphics card as I is playing Sins Diplomacy right now and it looks beautiful. A little help??!?!?!

March 10, 2013 3:01:34 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Check the anisotropy settings in your video card's config panel.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000890   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.