Am I allowed to post a cursor for download that's not an fx cursor?

By on January 26, 2013 6:12:41 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

TheStoryCra...

Join Date 01/2013
+1

Hi, I just got an account on this website today and I have a important question. I've noticed that most of the popular cursors on this site have "fx" at the end of the name, and I know that fx is a certain type of cursor. Are you only allowed to post fx cursors for download?  

9 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 26, 2013 6:42:26 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

WC doesn't have a regular cursor gallery. Only CursorXP and Cursor FX, which is a combined gallery, I think.

January 26, 2013 6:58:06 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

It is a combined gallery. Cursor XP and Cursor FX. Both will work providing you have the software installed. Other cursors won't work unless you are making them for Windows. In that case they'd have to be installed in C:\Windows\cursors. Whether or not it will work I don't know. BTW - WC does not have a separate gallery for other than Cursor FX. If you want you can highlight explorer at the top of the home page. Click on Cursor FX and to the right you should see where it says to download the software. Do that, install it and you've got a world of different cursors at hand. Check out the gallery and see what you like. If you get curious enough you can download a few but be mindful...newcomers have a download limit. Become a subscriber and for one year you have unlimited downloads.

January 26, 2013 7:07:37 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

...Jim, Uvah...the man asked about uploading a cursor he made, which is not Cursor XP or Cursor FX.  

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
January 26, 2013 7:35:07 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

We know but where will it go? There is no gallery for other than XP or FX. Should he upload it to graphics, that won't work. He wants to upload the cursor so others can use it.

January 26, 2013 7:49:30 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Hopefully someone from Stardock support can answer that question. 

January 26, 2013 7:54:29 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Uvah,
We know but where will it go? There is no gallery for other than XP or FX. Should he upload it to graphics, that won't work. He wants to upload the cursor so others can use it.

I know so therefore I would assume the answer for him or her would be no because WC doesn't have a gallery for it.

January 26, 2013 8:01:10 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Oh I see, I'll just post cursors on rw - designer.com then.

January 26, 2013 9:14:54 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Wincustomize.com hosts/provides galleries for [naturally] Stardock's products, and also several 'skinnables' such as Rainy's, Xion, Sysmetrix, Winamp, and even 'competitor' products such as Jorge's Winstep.

There are simply too many current/existing outlets for such generic graphics as standard cursors for there to be a 'need' to also be hosting them here....

January 26, 2013 9:31:39 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting teddybearcholla,
...Jim, Uvah...the man asked about uploading a cursor he made, which is not Cursor XP or Cursor FX.  

I understood that, hence my answer.   

Quoting RedneckDude,
WC doesn't have a regular cursor gallery.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000297   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.