Installing on second PC via Steam

By on January 25, 2013 8:35:31 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Rokenn

Join Date 01/2013

I am trying to install Fallen Enchantress on my second PC via steam.  When I get the stardock login screen I get an error saying the key is already in use on another account, even though I only have one stardock account.  How do I get this setup on my second pc?  I've never had this trouble with ANY other game I've bought via Steam (and I have over 50).  If this is not possible, this will be the last Starcock game I buy via Steam.

3 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 26, 2013 9:21:32 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Did you copy the files over manually? If you install through Steam and you're using the same Steam account on both machines, it should handle the activation properly (the Steam version is a bit different in how that gets handled, I believe).

January 26, 2013 11:17:20 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I installed via Steam using the same account.  I tried moving over the registration response file but no luck.  Do I need to manually copy over all the other files?  Also this does not bode well for if I ever uninstall the game and want to re-install.  One of the things I love about Steam is that I can easily delete and reinstall games as I want.  I run pure SSDs on my gaming machine, so there is not a lot of disk space for keeping terabytes of games installed.

January 26, 2013 1:31:40 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Rokenn,
I tried moving over the registration response file but no luck. Do I need to manually copy over all the other files?

No, a fresh download is the best option. If that isn't behaving, please contact support@stardock.com and they should be able to get to the bottom of the issue.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000094   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.