Sneak Previews..as in...where is it?

By on January 24, 2013 2:57:38 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Uvah

Join Date 05/2006
+737

It was said WIPs belong in the Sneak Preview category. I want to post my progress on Metropolis smx.  As a WIP that's where it should go. Ergo...I need to go there. How? 

12 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 24, 2013 3:09:45 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Found it under WinCustomize Talk Uvah.

http://forums.wincustomize.com/forum/435

January 24, 2013 3:25:19 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

click on Forum then you will have a little downarrow on your right side ( see the picture )
I didnt know how to get there before it was mentioned that wip "should" go into it...
i dont know why they have nothing to do in skinning...or why wip should not go into skinning section ? I think

that the progress belongs into skinning and a sneak is just a single shot of your work...i translate sneak preview like a trailer but not the whole movie - thats because i dont get it why it should be in sneak instead of skinning . 

January 24, 2013 6:50:32 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Roloccolor,
I didnt know how to get there before it was mentioned that wip "should" go into it...

i dont know why they have nothing to do in skinning...or why wip should not go into skinning section ? I think

I have no idea who started putting the WIP's in the "sneak previews" but that is where they are usually found. You can put it anywhere you like, my OP was an informational post without pointy fingers.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
January 24, 2013 7:10:06 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

WIP's are Sneak Previews.. is there a WIP's thread somewhere?

January 24, 2013 8:37:44 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Hey guys im not trying to put up a fight here...maybe you understand me wrong or i wasnt clear enough or my translation sucked...
Im not offended by your post gmc why should i ? You said its up to the people where they post it. Sorry,, if you think i was attacking your post since im not.( I would not)Im here to have fun not to have fights...
I only see it this way that it doesnt matter at least not to me since it is in the skinning section and what would be in the skinning section if not things about skinning or showing progress...( more below)

Quoting LightStar,
WIP's are Sneak Previews.. is there a WIP's thread somewhere?

No i havent seen any... But does it matter if you post it into the skinning section? Personaly i never click the dropdown to go to sneak previews im honest i never did and im browsing WC since about 2003...( i did not have an account before and mainly downloaded wallpapers thats how i discovered wincustomize )  i didn´t even know that the dropdown exists until i found it lately
I browse WC through "My replys" to keep track of topics that are from interest and the "recently posted"... I think its just a matter of how you like to browse.And i click skinning all the time to see whats up... the matter of why i dont get it why sneak and not skinning be that i dont understand it correctly like i wrote sneak seems to ME like a almost finished progress that needs a bit more fine tuning until release, while skinning is more from start to finsh to me. Sorry again.
i dont want to be the outsider or the guy that does not adjust here, i just dont see why it would be wrong to post it into skinning however i will be nice and post it into sneak next time aswell. Have a good night and sorry for being stubborn

January 24, 2013 9:34:56 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Roloccolor,
in the skinning section if not things about skinning
Well.....

Home

OS Customization //

Skinning //

That particular subforum is more for skinning questions and general skinning information. It doesn't get much activity. http://forums.wincustomize.com/forum/42

The last two replies are from 2012, then four from 2011, then a pair from 2010. After that, things get rather stale. Not only is it hard to find, it's practically deserted.

Since almost everything a member creates and posts about gets uploaded to WC, the WC Talk forum is a logical place to post W.I.P.'s.

The

Home  WinCustomize Talk 

Skinning  subforum does a little better. http://forums.wincustomize.com/forum/434 and is a logical place to post W.I.P.'s. but I think it's intent may have also been the same as the "other" skinning forum.

January 24, 2013 9:44:58 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I think, as Mumblefratz pointed out before, there are way too many subforums to keep track of.

It does help if you flatten them out. http://forums.wincustomize.com/379553  You can find this under Options, right under the forums search box.

The flattened forums option is simply another way of viewing the forums.  The layout and design won't change, but what posts you see will.  What it does is "flatten" all of the posts in a specific forum so that it includes the posts in all of its sub-forums.  For example, the Stardock Games forum on the ImpulseDriven.com would include all of the posts in its sub-forums, such as Indie Games, Stardock Games, and Ubisoft Games.

January 24, 2013 10:28:33 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Found it!

January 25, 2013 6:46:50 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

sorry RC, translation was misinterpreted and I was probably a little sensitive to begin with. my apologies.

January 25, 2013 8:44:49 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Its alright...no need to apologize i probably should have spend more time to translate  

January 25, 2013 10:59:33 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Are you using Google translate? Its notorious for not getting it right....sometimes.

January 25, 2013 8:09:00 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

no i do translate it myself, sometimes i simply cant find the right words to express my thoughts and i try to describe it or paraphrase it.
Mostly i fail when it gets late... but hey at least i try :3  

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000609   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.