Add Windows Media Center to Windows 8 Pro (free offer expires January 31)

By on January 23, 2013 2:17:49 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Island Dog

Join Date 06/2003
+610

If you have already upgraded to Windows 8 Pro, be sure to visit http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/feature-packs before January 31 to take advantage of the free Windows 8 Media Center Pack offer.

The Media Center pack also includes video codecs for decoding MPEG2 videos (these were previously available in Windows 7, but are limited to the Media Center pack for Windows 8 Pro users).

Even if you have no plans to use Media Center, we encourage you to take advantage of this free upgrade AND use the code before the end of January. The future DeskScapes 8 beta and release will be encouraging the use of AVI/WMV codecs for dreams.

win8mediacenter

4 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 23, 2013 3:59:15 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Ty had mine still on my email thought these be free to use whenever you want and do not have a time limit on them.
Added it today even when im not using it.Ty for the heads up. 

January 23, 2013 4:50:18 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Question, I got the cheap upgrade for Windows 8 Pro ($14.00) when I got my new computer.  I have not installed it yet.  Can I still get this Media Centre Pack key and wait to install it or must it be installed before 31 Jan?

January 23, 2013 5:40:52 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I wouldn't have known about this if not for your post....Thanks ID

Philly, the fine print says you have to install this before the offer expires on January 31st.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
February 14, 2013 1:05:08 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

i'd rather not have media center be any type of requirement for deskscapes

as media center needs to be activated seperately every time you install windows

and you need to call microsoft every time you activate the key as it will make windows think it's used on more then one pc

a litterall h*ll

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000422   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.