just mentioning this

By on January 20, 2013 8:13:31 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

gmc2

Join Date 11/2003
+274

to maximise my site experience I've been only checking out recent posts and scanning down the category listing for those headings that interest me. I've notice of late that WIP's are being posted in the "skinning" section rather than the "sneak preview" section that I'm accustomed to seeing them in.

I mean you can obviously post them where ever you want and I certainly am not slamming anyone for doing so. It is a rather obscure/hidden heading to locate and if you're not use to posting WIP's there, well...

like to title says, just mentioning this, do what whatever you choose to do.

7 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 20, 2013 2:44:07 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Thanks Greg.

Didn´t know...honestly

January 20, 2013 3:41:29 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Thanks Greg, a brand new thing to me too 

January 20, 2013 5:22:26 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I've always felt that it was hard to start a new thread here on the WC forum. The option "create post" isn't readily available when causally browsing the forum.....say from the myreply/recentposts pages.

The button to start a new thread only appears once you get into the section that you want to place it in. And for the record, the subsection sneak previews isn't even listed on the page that comes up when you click on the main forum link: http://forums.wincustomize.com/

I'm not saying that it's impossible to find, just that you have to really work to start a post in the correct section.

I would like the create post button to appear at the top of every page in the forum. You could then be directed to choose section and subcategories from there before you start to write. It would just be a more intuitive way of working in my opinion. Having said all that, don't hold your breath for change........yada yada......ya know.....whatever.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
January 20, 2013 5:46:08 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting 2of3,
don't hold your breath for change........

Unless your favorite color is blue

January 21, 2013 6:38:33 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

What I do is look at the categories on the right when calling up recent posts. I click on the one I want and up top on the right is a button that says create post. Easy, no searching required.

January 21, 2013 7:25:46 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Uvah,
What I do is look at the categories on the right when calling up recent posts. I click on the one I want and up top on the right is a button that says create post. Easy, no searching required.

Sure, but if the button was already there from the main forum page and the myreply/recent pages, you could skip a step.

January 21, 2013 9:03:20 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Okay

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000109   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.