Needed some transparent images...

By on January 20, 2013 3:28:24 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

TrickTracke...

Join Date 11/2012
+4

Hey guys,,, Hi again.. 

I need some transparent images for making some stuff for Windows XP like Win7 transparent dialog boxes... 

Can any one have or let me know where can i find it ... 

Thanks in advance... 

Locked Post 48 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 20, 2013 4:16:46 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

open a blank page and there you have it.

Can you be more specific. Do you need a size reference or just not sure of the shapes or is it the image type{png etc.} you need. If you have skin studio, check the Templates folder for that, or just open someones skin and copy from that.

January 20, 2013 4:20:22 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Kiddin with my sarcasm BTW!

January 20, 2013 5:05:44 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting doortech1,
or just open someones skin and copy from that.

Gotta be careful telling anyone that DoorTech...personal use is fine...but if it's eventually going to be uploaded that will need permission.

We've had people do that and called it their own skin...but there are some of us that will know where the images came from. Just an fyi.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
January 20, 2013 5:49:01 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

WebGizmos would be right Doortech. Best way to do that would be to pick a skin, note the authors name and, depending on how you use the graphics and if said author is still around, older skins for XP that have been around awhile whose authors have moved on cannot be used except for personal use, you need that authors permission. If for personal use only you can mod any skin to your hearts content. For any other use there are copywrite issues and they need to be respected. So....that said......

TrickTrackersMJN - the type of images that support transparencies are .png and .tga to name two. You can use Google images to find one you like or you can use a template WB, the Diamond skin is an excellent choice, open one of the images in your graphics program. Keep the overall dimensions but change the color, borders and other aspects of the image. You aren't violating copywrite if the only thing that remains the same is the size of the image. If you're using Photoshop there are two ways to adjust the transparency, the fill mode and the opacity mode.  The opacity mode adjusts the transparency of the image as a whole, the fill mode changes the interior of the image, i.e. inside the borders. Long story short the images you create are your own and can be uploaded. Tell us what you need and we'll do our best to help you.

BTW - did I say that right?

January 20, 2013 7:30:48 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I need the whore thing like transparent taskbar,start menu,explorer titlebar etc.. so plz help me with tis....  [e digicons]:'([/e] [e digicons]:'([/e]

Thanks in advance .... 

January 20, 2013 7:52:01 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

get yourself an original aero.msstyle file. from a friend, Google, wherever. won't post a link.

open it with Resource Hacker. http://www.angusj.com/resourcehacker/

all graphics inside.

January 20, 2013 8:31:19 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Another alternative would be to purchase Naked Noir, a Master Skin by vStyler. It has beautiful transparencies including taskbar, start menu and so on. A favorite of mine.

January 20, 2013 8:38:53 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting TrickTrackersMJN,
I need the whore thing like transparent taskbar,start menu,explorer titlebar etc.. so plz help me with tis....  [e digicons]:'([/e] [e digicons]:'([/e]

Thanks in advance .... 

What are you going to change it with and how will you apply it?  Are you using skin studio and wb, or hacking manually.I also give you permission to use any of my stuff, anyone can,if I can just verbally approve. Still need more info to assist you, feel free to pm me.

January 20, 2013 8:41:58 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting WebGizmos,

Quoting doortech1, reply 1or just open someones skin and copy from that.

Gotta be careful telling anyone that DoorTech...personal use is fine...but if it's eventually going to be uploaded that will need permission.

We've had people do that and called it their own skin...but there are some of us that will know where the images came from. Just an fyi.

Hear ya, but telling someone to use it for size shape and image style {png and such} is far from stealing work.

January 20, 2013 8:48:52 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting doortech1,

Quoting WebGizmos, reply 3
Quoting doortech1, reply 1or just open someones skin and copy from that.

Hear ya, but telling someone to use it for size shape and image style {png and such} is far from stealing work.

Yes but not knowing the intent is what prompted it. Sometimes you need to spell it out.

January 20, 2013 10:56:27 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting moshi,
get yourself an original aero.msstyle file. from a friend, Google, wherever. won't post a link.

all graphics inside.

Already tried all WB ,,.mmstyle,, etc files a weak ago... but no use.. 

January 20, 2013 10:57:34 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Uvah,
Another alternative would be to purchase Naked Noir, a Master Skin by vStyler. It has beautiful transparencies including taskbar, start menu and so on. A favorite of mine.

Thanks for ur suggestion but i cant pay for it... 

January 20, 2013 11:00:58 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting doortech1,

What are you going to change it with and how will you apply it?  Are you using skin studio and wb, or hacking manually.I also give you permission to use any of my stuff, anyone can,if I can just verbally approve. Still need more info to assist you, feel free to pm me.

Actually im making my own Customized XP OS in which it will have some UI like win7... so i need images.. i made Win7 system properties for XP (Like win7 transparent) .,,,now im thinking of my own taskbar and start menu (transparent) for XP using DX !! 

so i need it..

January 20, 2013 11:41:14 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Take a look in the Winstep gallery. Winstep themes usually include a taskbar and start menu. There may be some graphics there that you can use. Personal use only, or again, you will need permission.

January 20, 2013 11:51:03 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting moshi, reply 7get yourself an original aero.msstyle file. from a friend, Google, wherever. won't post a link.

all graphics inside.

Already tried all WB ,,.mmstyle,, etc files a weak ago... but no use.. 

so you want to make something that looks like Windows 7?

and the original Windows 7 graphics are "no use"?

January 20, 2013 12:00:45 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I'm gonna leave this one alone.

January 20, 2013 2:32:05 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Why don´t you use software like Photoshop or Gimp to create your own Images for the parts you need ?

That´s what we all do here.

-Maybe I misunderstood all this, in that case I´m sorry for giving you the wrong advice.

January 20, 2013 11:31:16 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting neone6,
Why don´t you use software like Photoshop or Gimp to create your own Images for the parts you need ?

That´s what we all do here.

-Maybe I misunderstood all this, in that case I´m sorry for giving you the wrong advice.

Yeah.

January 21, 2013 5:48:47 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

But i dont know or have much knlowdge about photoshop...

January 21, 2013 6:27:58 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

But i dont know or have much knlowdge about photoshop...

This isnt the place to come to if you want free graphics. You either make your own or you dont.

January 21, 2013 6:28:16 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I know I said I was going to leave this alone but seems to me some encouragement is needed. TrickTrackersMJN...listen up.

When I first got into skinning I didn't know one end of Photoshop from the other. I thought that MSpaint was the program to use. What I did was go to the Adobe site and download a trial version of PS, at that time it was version 11 or CS4. I played with it, crashed it and played with it some more. Once you get the hang of it there's no going back. Five years later I still don't know all the ins and outs but I hang in there because its great fun. Try it and if you need help just ask. I'm no expert but I do know some things plus there are tons of skinners here who have been known to pass on what they have learned. Give it a shot. You got nothing to lose.

January 21, 2013 7:37:20 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Vampothika,

Quoting TrickTrackersMJN, reply 19But i dont know or have much knlowdge about photoshop...

This isnt the place to come to if you want free graphics. You either make your own or you dont.

plenty of people do cut & paste skinning here though

TrickTrackersMJN, there are free graphics. as i mentioned above, the aero.msstyle does have all the original graphics. but maybe that is too complicated.

have a look at this instead: http://carlos-way.deviantart.com/art/Windows-7-Taskbar-psd-7077-120875862

not the original graphics, but it's a start. you still need to do the cut & paste thing, but seriously: just try it. it involves almost zero skills. google for "basic photoshop tutorial" and you're set.

January 21, 2013 9:11:39 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting moshi,

plenty of people do cut & paste skinning here though 

Which goes back to asking the author for permission.  To solve this issue he´s better off making his own graphics.

January 21, 2013 9:35:11 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Vampothika,
To solve this issue he´s better off making his own graphics.

Exactly. "There is no Royal road to geometry." (Euclid).  

January 21, 2013 10:08:13 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

does he have skin studio???

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000609   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.