Has the "Exclude from Fences quick-hide" been fixed yet in Fences 2?

By on January 19, 2013 6:19:54 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

genegold

Join Date 10/2010

Haven't found a changelog at the Stardock site, so am posting here to ask if the absence of an "Exclude from quick-hide" has been fixed yet.  Thanks,

9 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 20, 2013 2:54:04 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

This has not been fixed yet, however, a work around is to put a shortcut into a fence, set the exclusion adn move it out again.

January 23, 2013 4:19:17 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Zubaz,
This has not been fixed yet, however, a work around is to put a shortcut into a fence, set the exclusion adn move it out again.

Move the shortcut out?  Not sure I understand, since if it's moved out what's the point of having fences? 

January 23, 2013 4:44:23 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting genegold,
Move the shortcut out? Not sure I understand, since if it's moved out what's the point of having fences?

Either an icon is in a quick-hide fence...or it's not....being on the desktop itself.

I expect that's what Zubaz is referring to...

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
January 23, 2013 9:24:31 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Jafo,

Quoting genegold, reply 2Move the shortcut out? Not sure I understand, since if it's moved out what's the point of having fences?

Either an icon is in a quick-hide fence...or it's not....being on the desktop itself.
I expect that's what Zubaz is referring to...

Yeah I know, but how's that a workaround; i.e., what's the point of even installing Fences 2?  Actually, I did uninstall it a couple of months ago, going back to Fences 1 until the bug is fixed (btw, Fences 1 does work with Win 8, contrary to what Stardock says; it's just that a right click on the desktop is necessary to show icons with each computer start up, a workaround that's obviously not commercially viable).

May 28, 2013 11:19:56 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I just installed 2.1 and have the same problem.  I am subscribing to this thread to see if and when the problem is fixed.  BTW, where is the changelog to be found?

July 8, 2013 1:54:56 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Damn, I was hoping this would be fixed by now. Has there been any response by the devs?

July 10, 2013 3:12:28 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I've given up hoping for any help from Stardock.  Fences 1 still works fine with Win 8 and does everything I need.

July 10, 2013 7:47:49 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

The issue should have been resolved in the 2.1 build and is resolved for most users.

If you have not emailed support, please do so.  We can capture some logs and try to see why things are not working for you.

August 2, 2013 5:46:13 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I've started a new thread, but might as well add here that yesterday I uninstalled Pro, keeping settings, and installed 2.10.  The result is "Exclude" doesn't show in the Context Menu except for documents (pdf, xls, etc.) and the Trash icon.  No application icons, even if replaced.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000547   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.