How do I get Start8 to automatically start when I turn on the computer?

By on January 12, 2013 11:28:26 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

jmd1022

Join Date 01/2013

I am having to manually start it thru Program Files.

Thanks,

John

3 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 12, 2013 2:33:43 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Normaly i does starts automatically, after bootup you should see your desktop not windows8 Start screen.
Did you try to install it again ?-could be that there was a problem during installation.

January 12, 2013 2:39:26 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

There should be a setting in Start8 that tells it to load the Start8 desktop on boot John. Just look through the configuration area of Start8, you'll see it.

January 12, 2013 3:15:45 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Start8 automatically starts when your machine starts and there is no option in the UI to disable this (Lightstar is thinking of the feature to go to the desktop)

As Roloccolor has suggested it sounds like something went wrong during install.  Start8 uses a service to startup and by the sounds of it something stopped this from being installed.  Do you have any antivirus / anti malware software which was trying to be helpful?

I would recommend uninstalling Start8, rebooting, disabling any anything that might interfere with installation, installing Start8 and then turning back on anything you turned off.  Hopefully that will sort it.

As an alternative the service can be installed from an admin command prompt by running Start8Srv -install from the command prompt.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000125   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.