How to stop my icons from reseting?

Reseting Icons

By on January 9, 2013 7:45:24 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums External Link

Kismetkitten

Join Date 05/2011

Whenever I start up my computer or when I am changing icons in Iconpackager, certain icons reset to the original. Its always random icons and never the same icons over and over. To fix this, I always have to open Iconpackager and apply the package again. Is this normal for Iconpackager? Or is there a way to get them to stop reseting.

8 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 9, 2013 8:40:19 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Anyone at all?

January 9, 2013 9:31:19 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Bump...

January 9, 2013 9:38:23 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I have this issue with download folder icon

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
January 9, 2013 11:27:23 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

The issue has been discussed already in the forum. I have this problem since I switched from Windows 7 32 bit to 64 bit. However, once every few days. As far as i know, a solution has not been found.

January 10, 2013 10:31:26 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

In IconPackager, under Settings>System Settings you can use the 'Rebuild Icon Cache' and Repair Icon Images buttons, which should help with this issue. If not, try the Repair Shell Icons... button and select "Repair shell icons for all processes" and click OK.

January 10, 2013 10:59:02 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Zubaz,

In IconPackager, under Settings>System Settings you can use the 'Rebuild Icon Cache' and Repair Icon Images buttons, which should help with this issue. If not, try the Repair Shell Icons... button and select "Repair shell icons for all processes" and click OK.

This is correct, but it should not be necessary if IconPackager would work properly. Why do I pay 25 € each year when there are no fixes? 

January 10, 2013 11:44:19 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting vwaldbrunn,
This is correct, but it should not be necessary if IconPackager would work properly. Why do I pay 25 € each year when there are no fixes?

If the value is no longer there, you are not forced to purchase, right?

January 10, 2013 6:37:13 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Zubaz,
Quoting vwaldbrunn, reply 7This is correct, but it should not be necessary if IconPackager would work properly. Why do I pay 25 € each year when there are no fixes?

If the value is no longer there, you are not forced to purchase, right?

Thanks for the constructive answer, I'll think about it when my subscription expires.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000156   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.