A Memory of Light - Who's Reading it Already & Thoughts?

By on January 7, 2013 11:26:04 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

AlLanMandra...

Join Date 09/2010
+54

Please no spoilers yet as I'm anxiously awaiting the 8th to arrive and purchase my copy.

Is it epic? Can't wait to find out what happens to myself at Tarwin's Gap.

5 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 8, 2013 3:32:58 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

On my way to pick it up at the post office right now. Can't believe after 20 years (since I started reading it, bit longer if you were there from the get go I believe) this series is finally over!

January 10, 2013 12:56:18 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I am off work until Saturday, and fully plan to be a shut-in.    I love all of the characters, but Mat is by far my favorite.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain!

Enjoy the books. 

January 10, 2013 8:27:43 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I didn't know it was out. Thanks for the post....

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
January 21, 2013 2:29:53 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

So I finished the book. I'm happy the series is over, and enjoyed the last book very much. I've been reading the series since '92 and it has been a long ride.

No spoilers, but I will say that I did shed a few tears during some of the scenes. I've read these books for so long many of the characters are like dear old friend. There are some sensitive moments that will tug your heartstrings. The battle descriptions are amazing as well, many times my heart was thumping just envisioning the battles as they unfolded.

One thing I did notice, you can tell when it was Brandon Sanderson writing a scene, and when it was Robert Jordon. I'm glad that the series was finished post-mortem, but I wish it was good ole RJ that finished the series. Overall, I was satisfied with the ending of an epic that has stretched over two decades. Very worth reading.

February 20, 2013 10:45:23 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I just finished the book.

The story is cool, but there are so many bland moments. It seems to me that the author is just closing the loops. Hell the final battle last 1 paragraph. It's a real bummer of a disappointment to me.

I was expecting something a lot more spectacular. There was enough for 2 books well written there. It's a must read to finish the series but it seems to me to have been written in a rush and just finished.

I give it 5 out of 10.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000406   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.