Stardock Closed for the Holidays
Jan 5, 2015 8:45

Stardock's offices will be closed in observance of the holiday season from December 19th until January 5th, 2015.

During this time there will be a delay in answering support tickets, so we ask for your patience during the holiday period.  While we will keep tabs on the tickets during the break, we will respond to them as quickly as possible upon our return.  

On behalf of the Stardock staff we wish you a happy holiday season and look forward to the new year!

Anyone Actually Use Bluetooth with your Phone?

By on January 7, 2013 5:48:01 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Jasperparsons

Join Date 01/2013

So i have recently discovered that the less i deal with my phone directly the better my quality of life should be. I have deleted pretty much all the bs social networking apps from my phone and try my damndst to keep my eyes off of the screen. But the problem lies with my phone - the actual phone part- i get a lot of calls per day for business and well, i hate it. Good for business but bad for my anti phone phase. A buddy of mine got me off of the iOS band wagon and into the android eco system a while back and uses a blueant q2, now i would like to take his word for it and im sure i can, but im intesteed to know what the what the community uses, if any....

12 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 7, 2013 7:57:01 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I used to until I had to sell my 2009 Camaro for something a little less expensive and fuel efficient. Worked great through the cars audio system.

January 7, 2013 8:39:02 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I have trouble getting these things to fit my ears. I get irritated and give them away.

I'd love to have one I could use.

January 7, 2013 8:45:08 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

I refuse to use earbuds and earbudlike devices. They're uncomfortable, won't stay in, and I'm sure there's a risk of microbes somewhere.

A while back I got ahold of an old hands-free earpiece that plugs into the headphone jack. There's an extra cord to contend with, but when I walk around with it I feel like I'm in an action movie.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
January 7, 2013 9:06:16 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I used to as well. Then work cracked down on the usage and I never used them again.

January 7, 2013 10:06:41 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Depends. Typically I still find myself using my corded ear buds but if I'm in the car and the ear buds aren't handy, I'll grab my Bluetooth. Supposedly my laptop has Bluetooth so it'd be interesting to know if I can pair them and use them in-game...

January 8, 2013 3:17:43 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

My wife and I both use bluetooth on our phones, but only in our cars.  She has her phone paired with her car and I have mine paired with my car.  Pretty handy, since the phone stays in my pocket/her purse and the controls are on the car's respective screens.

I thought about getting one of those bluetooth ear thingys, but they seem kind of bulky and uncomfortable for what they do.  

January 8, 2013 3:23:03 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I rarely talk on the phone, but when it do it's almost always with work.  I do use one usually because I'm either driving, and I hate having to hold a phone to my ear.

January 8, 2013 5:51:36 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I use mine when I need to write things down or navigate through some phone trees.

January 31, 2013 5:48:11 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I have on occasion used a blue-tooth ear thingy. Worked great, just press a button on the ear-piece, and talk away. Basically did not like having to wear some Startrek looking thing, so ditched it.

When, and if, Mfrs. come up with a micro {near-invisible} version I would reconsider them, although walking around appearing to converse with thin air has its drawbacks lol... 

January 31, 2013 6:00:49 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I use those:

http://www.plantronics.com/us/product/backbeat-903-plus

they give you stereo, so you can finaly listen to music, they are light stick to the ear good enough to be used when running.

The only drawback is that they pair to a single device only. Meaning that you to switch the pairing if you want to watch a movie or skype or play a game on tablet or computer.

January 31, 2013 9:31:02 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Sentinemodo,
I use those:

http://www.plantronics.com/us/product/backbeat-903-plus[/quote]

Nice!

Plantronics makes good stuff too,  so...

Rechargeable battery question: How long does battery last if playing music?

MFR says 7 hrs. talk/7 days stand by...

thx.

January 31, 2013 2:13:56 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

it's not that good, methinks,

I've never had the need to reload after one day.

for whatever it is worth I recharge the thing twice a week, and it last at least two hours of listening time. I dont have regular listening habits, so this might close as much as to five hours, but there are days I don't use them at all. 

they are pretty solid bettery-wise IMO.

I'd give a lot to have pair several devices though

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000515   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.