Stardock Closed for the Holidays
Jan 5, 2015 8:45

Stardock's offices will be closed in observance of the holiday season from December 19th until January 5th, 2015.

During this time there will be a delay in answering support tickets, so we ask for your patience during the holiday period.  While we will keep tabs on the tickets during the break, we will respond to them as quickly as possible upon our return.  

On behalf of the Stardock staff we wish you a happy holiday season and look forward to the new year!

A Bit Late, But here's My 2013 New Year's Resolutions

and what a list it is...

By on January 3, 2013 12:54:03 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

starkers

Join Date 05/2004
+940

Okay, so I'm late posting this, so what.... I've been busy. Live with it!

Besides, it was such a list, it  simply couldn't be done in one night, on New Years Eve.  Not only that, I had to devise a strategy so that I'm not left depressed or disillusioned at the end of the year.  I dunno about any of you, but I always feel like crap a day or two before New Years Eve because I kept none of my previous year's resolutions and feel like a failure.

Anyhow, this year I've devised a strategy to avoid that sinking, depressed feeling next December 30th, etc. Yup, I've come up with a much longer list of resolutions, many of which I know I can't keep, so that when I've just kept the one or two I'm gonna feel whole lot better about myself come late December 2013.  I figure if I make 20 or so and only keep one, well I've succeeded... and in feeling so much better about myself and decidedly more confident, I'll realistically be able to aim for two or maybe even three in 2014.

Anyway, here goes....

1. To remain smoke free for a fourth year starting January 15th

2. To remain sober into my eleventh year and only fall down because of accident, not because I'm drunk.

3. To refrain from frivolously using cuss words and to stop calling the effwit next door an effwit.

4. To go easier on bankers this year.

5. To go easier on politicians this year.

6. To chew my food more rigorously to see if it helps reduce gas.

7. To remember to put the toilet seat back down when I'm finished

'Ere, wait a minute!  Who am I kidding?  Fuck the bankers! Fuck the politicians! Oh well, there goes half of number 3.

8. To stop plucking my ear and nose hair with tweezers and use the battery operated hair removal gadget Shaunna bought me last year.

9. To cancel my Playboy site subscription and stop kidding myself I only go there for the articles.

10. To politely ask the effwit in the low-set next door to turn his music down instead raining rocks down on his tin roof until he does.

11. To take the bucket of rocks on the back patio and put em back in the garden if 10 works.

12. To improve my aim and take out the efwit's power at the meter if 10 doesn't work.

Oh well, looks like 3 is all but gone.

13. To take people who believe in global warming more seriously... and if not, to stop calling them effwits.

14. Remain another year curried cabbage free, just in case they're right.

15. To keep growing old disgracefully yet never grow up too much at all.

16. To make a shorter list next year  [note to self, 20 was a bit too much to expect]

Hmmm, perhaps I should make one that leaves me with a bit less time on my hands

20 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 3, 2013 1:11:16 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

lol... fat chance! 

January 3, 2013 1:15:41 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

LOL @ Starkers. It's ok to dream, just don't drool on your pillow.

January 3, 2013 1:21:22 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

You may remain smoke free from cigs but not sure what you have in the pipe you keep on the desk.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
January 3, 2013 1:24:58 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

14. Remain another year curried cabbage free, just in case they're right.

Nooooo! How will you fill your sails? 

January 3, 2013 3:27:29 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

To cancel my Playboy site subscription and stop kidding myself I only go there for the articles.

Articles of which are 'ample' in abundance! Can you say yum.

January 4, 2013 1:03:50 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

My New Year's Resolution is...

1920x1200

January 4, 2013 3:51:47 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting DrJBHL,
lol... fat chance!

The rest might be stretching it some, but I'll keep the first two for sure: to be smoke free and sober for the year.

As for the effwit next door [there I go again.. can safely say that one's broken], well he's behaved better for the last couple of days, so maybe I don't need to call him effwit anymore.  I mean, it's not like it's a term of endearment in his case. Let's just say that he treats his wife and daughter like crap and he's a most unpleasant person... can't say man because no real man treats women so badly.  Anyway, it would end badly if anyone intervened, so I'll leave it there.

Quoting Wizard1956,
LOL @ Starkers. It's ok to dream, just don't drool on your pillow.

I said nothing about a dream resolution, but now you mention it, I wouldn't mind them nubile young lassies I see ev'ry night in full Technicolor @ 1920x1200.  There are less pleasant ones, however, nightmares, if you will, well I'll take those in the old analog black & white, thank you very much.

Quoting DaveBax,
You may remain smoke free from cigs but not sure what you have in the pipe you keep on the desk.

Yup, I'll remain smoke free... have come too far to go back to it now.  In 10 days it'll be 3 years.  As for the pipe, well somebody else must have left that there.  I don't do that wacky tobaccy, either... never really did.  Tried it when I was younger but it just made me violently ill... so that was a New Years Resolution I made way back when and kept, with good reason.  Besides, I have a sister and a couple of other relatives who do it, and smoke the regular stuff, all of them have the most awful cough.  Nah, not for me.

Quoting DPCloud,
Nooooo! How will you fill your sails?

Ah, that be whar tha concealed outboard motor comes inta play... one rip [no pun intended] on the cord an' away us goes....arrgghhhh!!!!

Quoting Uvah,

To cancel my Playboy site subscription and stop kidding myself I only go there for the articles.

Articles of which are 'ample' in abundance! Can you say yum.

I can say yum all I want, there'll be no [real] Playboy subscription of any kind for this bloke. Nope, I'd rather spend my money on items that add real value to my life... PC parts; tech stuff; food; clothing, etc, and not necessarily in that order.  I have no great need or desire to perv at titty girls these days anyhow.  I mean, if a pair's plopped right out in front of me, well I'm gonna look, aren't I, but I won't go out of my way or spend to see 'em.

Quoting Fuzzy Logic,

1920x1200

"Oh, Michael, but what a big monitor you have... and it's so crisp and clear, too."

"Yes, m' dear, and all the better to see them luvverly t!tty girls wiv.

January 5, 2013 6:34:30 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

January 5, 2013 7:40:14 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Fuzzy Logic,

1920x1200

January 5, 2013 4:47:57 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

1680x1050.

January 6, 2013 11:16:28 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

1600x900

January 6, 2013 12:31:57 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Jafo,
1680x1050.

Most eye-friendly resolution ever I think.  That is the res on my 2005 notebook which I am refusing to get rid of (eventhough stuff is starting to break on it) since there is no such thing as that res on a new notebook screen anymore.   Sad.....

January 6, 2013 3:09:13 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

1680x1050 and 1280x1024

Two resolutions for 2013.

January 6, 2013 3:11:51 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

6486 x 1080   4 screens.

January 6, 2013 5:29:12 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

1621.5x1080 for one. Interesting resolution.

January 6, 2013 5:31:00 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

January 6, 2013 5:50:26 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

No, people do not essentially change their lives on January 1st.  The two [real] resolutions I made this year were in fact follow ups of conscious decisions made at other times of the year, almost 3 years ago, and almost 11 years ago.

And I won't be celebrating either anniversary with brandy and a cigar.

January 6, 2013 5:59:23 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting starkers,
No, people do not essentially change their lives on January 1st.  The two [real] resolutions I made this year were in fact follow ups of conscious decisions made at other times of the year, almost 3 years ago, and almost 11 years ago.

And I won't be celebrating either anniversary with brandy and a cigar.

January 6, 2013 6:10:13 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting the_Monk,

Quoting Jafo,
reply 11
1680x1050.

Most eye-friendly resolution ever I think.  That is the res on my 2005 notebook which I am refusing to get rid of (eventhough stuff is starting to break on it) since there is no such thing as that res on a new notebook screen anymore.   Sad.....

And the frustrating thing is I am doing extremely complex graphics [skinning] specifically for that res....so if I have a 'New resolution' a serious amount of work would need to be undone/redone....

January 7, 2013 4:30:07 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Ooohhh.....big ouch!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000500   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.