WindowsBlinds does not allow me to change the theme...

By on December 30, 2012 3:13:39 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

72MAC

Join Date 12/2012

WindowsBlinds does not allow me to change the theme on my account, instead, it allows me to change the theme on the ADMINS account.

Why won't it allow me to change the theme on mine but allow me to change it on the Admins acount?

7 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 30, 2012 7:22:54 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Sounds like you somehow have blocked user accounts. Check user accounts settings. Why are you running NOT AS ADMIN.. is this your machine, if so , you should be set up as administrator.If it is your machine only, remove the user account so it logs on as admin. You may have to reset permissions. That can be difficult for the average user, and no, I am not calling you average, its just that you are asking for help, so I figure this may be difficult for you is all. Could help better with more info and an os.

December 30, 2012 7:25:07 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Just saw you user name, does that indicate you use a mac? If so, someone else will have to help, suck at Macs, I do.

January 12, 2013 12:58:08 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

It seems to me everything changed within last week,axample ,zip files. I do not know now how to pen zip files now, a week ago there was no problem but now i get a full page of png,uis, bitmap etc. i have no clue how to open and install Euphoria. I had no problem last week but now dont know what to do to. Please anybody, help with installing this with 1st grader mentality, i am new . Thank You for who can help. Jim

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
January 12, 2013 1:08:26 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Rename the .zip file to .wba then just double click on it to install it.

January 12, 2013 3:01:49 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting jbosox8,
It seems to me everything changed within last week,axample ,zip files. I do not know now how to pen zip files now, a week ago there was no problem but now i get a full page of png,uis, bitmap etc. i have no clue how to open and install Euphoria. I had no problem last week but now dont know what to do to. Please anybody, help with installing this with 1st grader mentality, i am new . Thank You for who can help. Jim

I sent you a pm with details on how to change the file . Just in case. Sorry I was late to the game.

January 12, 2013 3:15:58 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Fined one hot dog for being late to the game.

@72MAC...if you are using Internet Explorer to download WindowBlinds skins they are going to show up as .zip files, some kind of quirk with that browser. Try using Firefox browser. It will download as a .wba, which it should. The .zip files you can rename to .wba (changing the file extension). That will work. Then all you need do is double click on it and it will self install.

January 13, 2013 6:24:20 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I included that info about firefox in the pm, but never hurts for others to see it, good thinking Bud.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000265   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.