Features I think would be great in Fences 2

By on December 29, 2012 3:54:13 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

jverz

Join Date 06/2005

I tried reading through all the recommendation threads to make sure I wasn't repeating anyone.  A few features I'd love to see in some capacity for fences are:

The ability to disable icon labels per fence (I also recommended to MS to be able to disable the text as a property of the shortcut). Yes I know I can rename it to a null character but I have a lot of icons and it still leaves a gap underneath.

Change icon padding per fence. You know, the spacing between icons.

Grid snap for the fences. I like that they snap to certain dimensions like the icon rows or to another fence across the way, but I still get offsets everywhere without an overall grid snap.

Placement presets based on screen size. That's the big one I started this threat for, really.  I understand I'm a very small minority but I remote into my computer (a lot) and rarely from a screen as high quality as I have at home.  Whenever I do the fences get all squished and re-sized, then when I come home and log in everything is scattered. Fences are wider than they should be, some are overlapped and icons are out of order.  I would love to be able to place the fences for different resolutions. Hell, it could be an extension of pages so when I log in remotely it switched to a different view as long as the original page didn't move everything around.

Thanks and keep up the good work! I'm really enjoying Fences 2 so far.

6 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 30, 2012 3:38:48 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Ahah I found the "Preserve layout per-screen-resolution" option. Will try it out.

EDIT: Yup, resolution layout preservation works exactly as I'd expect. Now I have a layout for when I'm sitting in front of the computer, RDP from the laptop, or RDP from the iPad.

December 30, 2012 3:53:46 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Great suggestions. I would also like to suggest dragging & dropping files/folders onto portals and ending up in the respectful directory. I know you can double click the title on the fence to open the directory but it's impractical

January 23, 2013 7:10:46 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I would really like them to implement the spacing between icons option and the ability to remove icon labels.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
February 3, 2013 6:04:03 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

1) I would like to have 2/3+ monitor support for the Pages feature, in such a way that the new desktop is not completely empty, but moves my second monitor  icons to the main monitor when dragging left, and moves my main monitor icons to 2nd monitor when dragging right. Or, maybe make that an option in the Settings. It would be a great addition for any users with 2/3+ monitors. Actually, I expected Pages to work that way by default (but it does not).

2) "Check for updates" feature.
(EDIT: Although I know you can use Stardock Central for this)

3) A feature to minimize/collapse a Fence, so that only the Fence title will show, but zero icons.
Now the least number of icons you can have visible in any Fence is ONE, you can't have zero. 

February 12, 2013 1:42:14 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I'd like to see them spend time on fixing bugs that have been reported before attempting to add yet more features.  I can't even recommend the software to clients of mine due to the impact of certain known issues.

February 12, 2013 2:28:18 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Jaga Telesin,
I can't even recommend the software to clients of mine due to the impact of certain known issues.
Oh no! Not that!!!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000641   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.