Vulnerability in Internet Explorer

Allows hackers to track your mouse movements

By on December 29, 2012 5:20:30 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums External Link

coffeegrinder

Join Date 12/2001
+131

Vulnerability in Internet Explorer allows hackers to track your mouse movements.

Source info here :-

http://dottech.org/91361/vulnerability-in-internet-explorer-allows-hackers-to-track-your-mouse-movements/

9 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 29, 2012 5:35:34 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Thanks for the heads up coffeegrinder. I don't use IE but a lot of people do. Why......I dunno.

January 9, 2013 7:31:45 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Why use Internet when Explorer Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome are much better?

January 9, 2013 8:21:25 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Sarah85,
Why use Internet when Explorer Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome are much better?

no, not really, believe it has to do with personal preferance.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
January 9, 2013 8:49:00 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Uvah,
Thanks for the heads up coffeegrinder. I don't use IE but a lot of people do. Why......I dunno.

Because it is the de-facto standard for many business industries, thus many applications and pages are configured to work best with IE.

January 9, 2013 9:07:24 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Gammit10,

Quoting Uvah, reply 1Thanks for the heads up coffeegrinder. I don't use IE but a lot of people do. Why......I dunno.

Because it is the de-facto standard for many business industries, thus many applications and pages are configured to work best with IE.

sounds like it is still 2003. but it's ten years later now. care to share some examples of those many applications and sites?

January 9, 2013 10:01:16 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting moshi,

Quoting Gammit10,
reply 4

Quoting Uvah, reply 1Thanks for the heads up coffeegrinder. I don't use IE but a lot of people do. Why......I dunno.

sounds like it is still 2003. but it's ten years later now. care to share some examples of those many applications and sites?

Wow, Moshi, what does 2003 have to do with this???

January 9, 2013 10:23:57 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting moshi,
care to share some examples

Here's two for you. WinCustomize and WindowBlinds. Several State of Illinois sites function best with IE also.

Other reasons I use IE:

A: It is included with the OS I am running. I paid for it and can't get rid of it so I might as well use it.

B: It has proven itself to be reliable for the most part. Now that IE8 is playing well with my XP rig, I've stopped using Chrome.

C: It doesn't have or need weekly updates to fix problems. (which seem to create more problems)

As for security, I have never had any issues there either. I guess I'm just not paranoid enough. 

January 9, 2013 10:55:06 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I use IE my wife uses it and we have never been infected hijacked or anything else. I use it because I like it better than firefox or chrome.  

January 9, 2013 11:27:44 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I use FF for the same reason. A matter of personal preference.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000141   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.