Stardock Closed for the Holidays
Jan 5, 2015 8:45

Stardock's offices will be closed in observance of the holiday season from December 19th until January 5th, 2015.

During this time there will be a delay in answering support tickets, so we ask for your patience during the holiday period.  While we will keep tabs on the tickets during the break, we will respond to them as quickly as possible upon our return.  

On behalf of the Stardock staff we wish you a happy holiday season and look forward to the new year!

Stardock Central Install Location

Can it be changed?

By on December 28, 2012 7:17:35 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

bugattiboy91

Join Date 07/2007

I'm running on a very small SSD so all my non-essential documents, pictures, programs, etc. get put/installed on my secondary drive. I downloaded Stardock Central and it did not allow me to choose an install location. Is there any way I change the install location so I can install it onto my secondary drive?

I know the program is <10 MB in size, but when you are only running on a 60GB SSD every MB has to be used wisely.

4 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 28, 2012 7:51:05 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Did it install through Stardock Central or did you save the installer package. If it installed through Stardock Central you may want to go to the Stardock store and download the installer package. That will allow you to change the install location.

December 28, 2012 8:03:29 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Is there any way I change the install location so I can install it onto my secondary drive?

No, it has to be on the OS drive.

The "official" word as of March 14, 2012 8:56:15 AM 

"We (meaning Stardock)  discussed this during development but decided not to implement it at this time. Perhaps in a future update..."

See reply #32 in THIS thread. That is not to say it won't be possible in the future, but as far as I know, that is still the case.

December 28, 2012 8:08:20 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Wizard would be correct.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
December 28, 2012 8:41:50 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

And I are wearin' my dunce cap. I didn't know that.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000218   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.