Go to Last Reply Link Doesn't Work

By on December 17, 2012 9:31:32 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Kobracan

Join Date 10/2005
+2

In every forum I visited on the Internet, when you click on the "go to last reply" link for a thread (the little arrow thingie) it takes you to the last reply for that thread. In Stardock forums it instead takes you to the first page of the thread. Can you please fix that? Thanks.

9 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 9, 2013 8:56:11 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Sarah85,
It would be great if they could solve this problem.

And it's a problem that has bothered you.......

.....all day....

January 9, 2013 9:13:16 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

The "little arrow thingie" works exactly as intended. If you hover your cursor over the arrow you will see - Go To Last Read Reply".

So if any post you are clicking the "little arrow thingie" on is the first time you have read any comments then you will be directed to the first page of the thread.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
January 9, 2013 9:45:21 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I'd never even noticed the little arrow thingie.  Golly that's handy.

January 9, 2013 5:08:23 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Hankers,
The "little arrow thingie" works exactly as intended. If you hover your cursor over the arrow you will see - Go To Last Read Reply".

So if any post you are clicking the "little arrow thingie" on is the first time you have read any comments then you will be directed to the first page of the thread.

You know.. I searched the damm thing ever since I registered....

January 9, 2013 10:25:55 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Hankers,

Yes, the little arrow thingie works for logged-in users just like you describe: it goes to the last reply you read. The thing is for not-logged-in users it goes to the first page which is technically correct (since a guest doesn't "mark things read") but it is also utterly useless. Why would I click on that link as a guest since it will always take me to the first page of the thread. What would be useful for guests is for the forum to take you to the last post of the thread instead.

Therefore, I will still call this a "bug" (even though it is technically not a bug) because pretty much every other forum on the Internet works like I described (for guests the link takes you to the last post).

January 9, 2013 10:31:46 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Kobracan,
Therefore, I will still call this a "bug" (even though it is technically not a bug) because pretty much every other forum on the Internet works like I described (for guests the link takes you to the last post).

No...it's not a bug.  It works as designed.

A 'bug' would be something that did NOT work as designed.

If it's not as other sites may do it you can define it as an 'anomaly'.

But not 'a bug' .....

January 9, 2013 11:44:27 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Kobracan,
Yes, the little arrow thingie works for logged-in users just like you describe: it goes to the last reply you read.

I would call it a perk of being a member (and being logged-in).

January 9, 2013 11:54:49 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Jafo,

Quoting Kobracan, reply 6Therefore, I will still call this a "bug" (even though it is technically not a bug) because pretty much every other forum on the Internet works like I described (for guests the link takes you to the last post).

No...it's not a bug.  It works as designed.

A 'bug' would be something that did NOT work as designed.

If it's not as other sites may do it you can define it as an 'anomaly'.

But not 'a bug' .....

I also said it was technically not a bug but also a completely useless / annoying feature for non-members. Obviously after pointing it out this clearly if you still think everything is working as designed, then there is not much else for me to say. It's your forum after all.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000219   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.