Hi......I discovered youtube downloader.

Need I say more......lol

By on December 7, 2012 10:24:16 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Uvah

Join Date 05/2006
+706

Guys...listen. I recently installed the latest version of youtube downloader, the freebie anyway. I've been a member there for awhile now so they know me. They have subscriptions you can add to the home page and me, knowing me like I do, opted for some of the science channels. I found what I think is an amazing toy to play with and..........this is the really good part. You can do this in photoshop!

Its based on a rather esoteric anomaly called Metatron's Cube or as the author of the video describes it, nature's first pattern. Thirteen circles arranged inside a larger circle like it would be were it a clock. Three layers....center...middle and outer. The middle layer has 6 circles, three above the center line and three below. The outer layer has the same. Its the number they represent on the clock that makes it fun to play with. I'm an early bird so I was up at five this morning. Its now ten am. This is what happens when I find stuff. I'll post a jpeg first chance I get. And yes.......I'm sure there will be at least one, name not mentioned, who might look it up. The graphic is pretty cool. If anyone is interested in the link to the video I'll post it here.

31 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 7, 2012 12:30:20 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

the latest version of youtube downloader

Which I'm fairly certain violates YouTube's TOS (as does anything of the sort).

December 7, 2012 12:37:19 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting kryo,

the latest version of youtube downloader

dont want to cause any trouble here so i deleted this comment here

December 7, 2012 1:09:26 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting kryo,

Yes, Ross. It's not a good thing....

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
December 7, 2012 7:45:16 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Call me dunce again but I don't see where installing a free version of a product violates their own terms of service. Is it what I did with it? Update mine brain a little bit.

December 7, 2012 7:53:00 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

You Tube downloader isn't made by YouTube.   

You violate YouTube's TOS by using someone else's product to download music and/or videos from YouTube.

December 7, 2012 8:00:33 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Roloccolor ...the process that is a cache download to your HD in order to view something is NOT a copyright issue.

Don't try to confuse people.

The 'share' link on their video content is within their TOS [obviously], but the EXTRACTION of their content for replay via OTHER MEANS is not.

Of course, the assumption is that THEIR content is actually THEIRS to even display.

MOST of the content is in violation of others' copyright anyway.

Uvah....yes...it's what you do with it.

December 7, 2012 8:14:59 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Uvah....Just stick with the very first thing you discovered as a boy and you'll be fine.

December 7, 2012 8:45:16 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting WebGizmos,
Uvah....Just stick with the very first thing you discovered as a boy and you'll be fine.

December 7, 2012 8:56:06 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

@ Jafo: I deleted my comment above and i will write my next words carefully since its a hot topic in my eyes ,but if you read the TOS of YT you will see that what i mentioned before is part of it meaning that if you have it obviously you do aswell and you tend to access it you already stand in conflict not only with YT. It should be inaccessable for users in general since plate vista in my opinion ( hope you get my point ) the reusability is just to high and to easy.
Please dont torcher me for saying so 

December 7, 2012 9:09:37 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Roloccolor ....ASSUMING youtube's content is itself LEGAL [much is not] viewing it online is also legal.  That process REQUIRES a cache download [that's simply how the Internet works, nothing more]...ergo the process is legal aka allowed by youtube's TOS.

What is NOT [generally] legal is the CONVERSION of a cache download to a re-usable file....which is what this 'youtube downloader' does.

If you infer anything else from youtube's TOS you are simply mistaken...

December 7, 2012 9:28:20 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

ok ok

December 7, 2012 9:57:00 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

So in other words I can use YTD to view music and such but downloading them, which IMO is what the downloader part is for, is not legal because I can play them back. That is utter nonsense! Why then is a downloader available to do just that? If I keep them just for personal use then what......

December 7, 2012 10:01:54 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Uvah,
So in other words I can use YTD to view music and such but downloading them, which IMO is what the downloader part is for, is not legal because I can play them back. That is utter nonsense! Why then is a downloader available to do just that? If I keep them just for personal use then what......

Ross, are you still thinking that because it's called YouTube Downloader that YouTube provides it?

They do not.

The program exists because someone figured out how to download and convert the content off YouTube.

December 7, 2012 11:12:51 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

AAAAARRRRGH!!! Where's my shovel!?!

*zip*           

December 7, 2012 11:35:39 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Uvah,
AAAAARRRRGH!!! Where's my shovel!?!

*zip*

December 7, 2012 11:42:14 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Wow, what a shovel! 

December 8, 2012 12:14:25 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Uvah,

No, it is not.

The OP at Youtube can be viewed there as long as the OP wishes it to be 'up' (assuming it is original work, or licensed, like our Galleries only here, there is moderation). When the OP wishes to remove it, it is no longer available. End of story.

With your "downloader", the original artist/author loses control of his/her work. You can continue to 'use' it against the author/artist's wishes. Understand?

December 8, 2012 4:45:16 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Uvah,

what you are doing is perfectly legal in Austria or Switzerland for example as the law in these countries makes Youtubes TOS on downloads for personal use irrelevant.

if you are in the US or Australia the situation is different. i heard in these countries it was even illegal to tape a radio show on an audio cassette.

if you like to download videos in the US or Australia i suggest to visit vimeo.com instead. it has a download button for many videos if the uploader agrees with that.

December 8, 2012 5:33:11 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Well I was under the mistaken impression that YTD was made by YouTube, my bad. Curiously though The share button allows you to copy the url for the videos or music. You can send the video to someone's email or at least the link to it.

Quoting DrJBHL,
With your "downloader", the original artist/author loses control of his/her work. You can continue to 'use' it against the author/artist's wishes. Understand?

I do now. Thanks Jafo, moshi and Doc for the explanation. Don't need to step on any toes.

December 8, 2012 10:42:36 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Uvah,
You can send the video to someone's email or at least the link to it.
Yes, Ross, you can share links and even embed some on WC and other sites.

All perfectly ok. 

December 8, 2012 6:00:00 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

So they can go here, there and everywhere else but..........Okay. Weird.

December 8, 2012 7:19:56 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Uvah here's my simplistic and probably wrong way of looking at it -

If the content provider wants us to be able to save and replay content (videos, music, or whatever), the content will be provided in a format which can be readily saved and replayed.  Anything that taps into streaming content from anywhere and creates a file that can be recognized and replayed is most likely "problematic".

It may not be a completely accurate premise but I really don't like reading all those TOS's unless I'm really looking for something.

December 9, 2012 3:06:33 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

They're done in .flv format. The media player that handles it is VLC. I haven't tried Xion.

May 16, 2013 3:43:31 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

this is getting interesting now.

seems like even in the US the legal situtation is not as clear as some think/wish. at least Microsoft thinks so and released a Windows Phone app that allows you to download videos, blocks ads and plays restricted videos. Google already sent a c&d letter.

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2013/05/google-msft-youtube/

no matter how this works out we might see a verdict that makes the legal situation (in the US) clearer.

May 16, 2013 4:03:11 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting moshi,
no matter how this works out we might see a verdict that makes the legal situation (in the US) clearer.

Nothing is ever clear.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000235   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.