Windowblinds skin colors

By on December 6, 2012 5:14:01 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

bucks

Join Date 04/2003

Just wondering if someone can explain why nearly all the Windowblinds skins that get done are predominantly dark ones, there doesn't seem to be too many light colored skins being done.  Some of them are great but it would be even better if there were a few more lighter and brighter skins made.

2 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 6, 2012 7:44:09 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Well, I know after I finish my Forgotten skin that I'll be making probably 2 WB's with light colors.

December 8, 2012 12:42:17 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I can't definitely answer that one with 100% reliability, but from my personal experience as a creator of Windowblind skins, the darker skins get more downloads.  I don't let that hinder me, though; if you visit my gallery, you'll see I'm a big fan of color.  You can also use Windowblinds, itself, to adjust the color, brightness and saturation of a skin in the Colours tab (video below).  You can also add a texture that is a solid color and apply that, to completely color a skin in that color. (Video on how to do that here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AusBI6rXzmw )

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000406   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.