Advent Begins; the King is Coming!

By on December 2, 2012 1:26:48 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

HouseRalan

Join Date 03/2008
+60

This is the first Sunday of the Advent season for many Christians when faithful prepare for the coming Messiah, Jesus Christ, into this world as Priest, King and Savior by careful examination and inventory of their life in light of the coming of He by whom all was created and through whom all will be judged.  Seek the Lord while he is willing to be found and find healing.

Enjoy this Advent season and Christmas! 

47 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 2, 2012 1:34:08 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

And for the rest of us who don't believe fairy tales are real, may you also have an enjoyable christmas/holiday with friends and family.

December 2, 2012 1:49:08 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Always someone gotta dump on someone else's message.

December 2, 2012 1:55:00 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

This is the first Sunday of the Advent season for many Christians when faithful prepare for the coming Messiah, Jesus Christ, into this world as Priest, King and Savior by careful examination and inventory of their life in light of the coming of He by whom all was created and through whom all will be judged.  Seek the Lord while he is willing to be found and find healing.

Enjoy this Advent season and Christmas! 

Amen brother!

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
December 2, 2012 9:34:36 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

The Holy Derpy shall come on December 24th and all shall rejoice!

-Lord Brony

December 2, 2012 10:10:08 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

As a pagan, I wish those of similar beliefs a great Saturnalia or Yule, with the turning of the year.  To everyone else, the best to you: the blessings of Jesus, or Mithras, or whatever god or gods you worship, or none; the joy of your families, health, happiness--whatever is worth most to you, and to yours.

Soapbox is for rent.  Try to keep it short, and simple.

December 2, 2012 10:20:33 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Well,

Quoting Glazunov1,
Soapbox is for rent.  Try to keep it short, and simple.

Just in case the Mayans were right....happy end of the world.

(Note to self: Do all your shopping early) 

It is never too late to wish for Peace on Earth and Goodwill Towards Men.

December 2, 2012 10:34:35 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Wizard1956,

One would sure hope not because if it ever does get too late for that then it won't make much difference what or whom you believe in or follow. 

December 3, 2012 1:21:24 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Glazunov1,
As a pagan, I wish those of similar beliefs a great Saturnalia or Yule, with the turning of the year.

As fun as Saturnalia is, I just mark the winter solstice. That's an event everyone can agree is significant!

December 3, 2012 1:32:53 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Heavenfall,
And for the rest of us who don't believe fairy tales are real, may you also have an enjoyable christmas/holiday with friends and family.

Though I agree with the sentiment, I believe there is a nicer way to put it: "And for the rest of us who don't believe in these religious proclemations, may you also have an enjoyable christmas/holiday with friends and family."

Happy holidays everyone.

From an atheist

December 3, 2012 1:37:28 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

This thread is 100% troll bait...

December 3, 2012 2:14:42 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

For a second I thought the Advent were coming but then I saw the word "King" in the title and my hopes of becoming a slave to a hot psychic woman were crushed.

December 3, 2012 3:08:40 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Wizard1956,
Well,
Quoting Glazunov1,
reply 5
Soapbox is for rent. Try to keep it short, and simple.

Just in case the Mayans were right....happy end of the world.

(Note to self: Do all your shopping early)

We're all gonna die! We're all gonna die! [insert tinhat smiley]

December 3, 2012 5:09:11 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

... i read that as advert begins

thought it's some sort of elvis thing

December 3, 2012 9:02:44 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Heavenfall,

This, except not as nice.

December 3, 2012 9:43:42 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Wow, any angst in the room?

Happy Holidays everyone.

December 3, 2012 9:49:48 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Double post.

December 3, 2012 9:51:24 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Shouldn't this go in the 'religion' forum?

December 3, 2012 12:02:36 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Jythier,
Shouldn't this go in the 'religion' forum?

Well, but it's not discussing religion.  It's offering a wish of joy for Christmas, which has been broadened since by those of us who come from alternative religious and non-religious faiths/backgrounds.

I'd just as soon offer up a wish that it doesn't get into the usual "my understanding of what lies behind and within the universe is greater than yours" BS that has been a standard feature of the human condition for two or three thousand years, and possibly longer.

December 3, 2012 12:15:42 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm pretty sure that "prepare for the coming Messiah, Jesus Christ, into this world as Priest, King and Savior" is pretty religious.  Not just a generic merry Christmas.  That's discussing religion.  But, it doesn't really bother me.  When I hear people talk about their religion, I think about my childhood and how angry  other kids would get when I would tell them Pro Wrestling wasn't real, and I giggle.

December 3, 2012 1:14:52 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Lord Xia,
Pro Wrestling wasn't real, and I giggle.

December 3, 2012 1:30:59 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Lord Xia,
That's discussing religion.

If memory serves me, religious discussion is allowed in this sub forum.

Hence the " //

"

December 3, 2012 1:34:30 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all... and a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2013, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures and without regard to the race, creed, colour, age, physical ability, religious faith, or sexual orientation of the wishee.

This wish is limited to the customary and usual good tidings for a period of one year, or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first."Holiday" is not intended to, nor shall it be considered, limited to the usual Judeo-Christian celebrations or observances, or to such activities of any organized or ad hoc religious community, group, individual or belief (or lack thereof).

DISCLAIMER: By accepting this greeting, you are accepting the following terms: This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher at any time, for any reason or for no reason at all. This greeting is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. This greeting implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for the wishee, him/herself or others, or responsibility for the consequences which may arise from the implementation or non-implementation of same.

This greeting is void where prohibited by law.

December 3, 2012 1:39:24 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Fuzzy, you are certifiable.....I like you that way. 

December 3, 2012 1:50:02 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

And now, a word from our sponsors...

December 3, 2012 1:51:19 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Merry Christmas

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000594   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.