The Car Talk Thread: What do you have?

By on November 26, 2012 10:52:45 PM from Little Tiny Frogs Forums Little Tiny Frogs Forums

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1089

So what kind of car do you drive?

I've got a Chevy Volt.  Best car I've ever had.  

60 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 26, 2012 10:58:25 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

I've been driving a Chevy Monte Carlo. I also had an old Ford Thunderbird, but I had to get rid of it when the body started rotting and the front end suspension started taking a major dump.

November 26, 2012 11:18:31 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

1993 Chevrolet K1500 Stepside Extended Cab. Stock suspension on 31" tires. It's got the 350 v8 under the hood and is very reliable. Heat, Radio, and 4x4 works which is a necessity where I live. Rear bumper is rusting through the chrome a bit and the rocker panels under the door are pretty shot. Everything else is in good condition. Solid frame and only 140k on the motor (so I have at least another 100k before I have to rebuild it).

Hey Frogboy, I'll show you mine if you show me yours!

Up until a year ago I was driving a 1997 Geo Metro (1.3L 4 Door Sedan) ... poor little motor finally gave up the ghost after 8 years.

November 26, 2012 11:21:58 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

2000 Elantra. Paid for and 32 mpg, its two finest points.

There are many great features available to you once you register. Sign Up for a free account and browse the forums without ads.
November 26, 2012 11:25:16 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

The wife and I drive a 2002 Toyota Camry. It suffice our needs and the car is well kept. We also have a 2000 Nissan Altima, it has not been driven in about 3 moths. We do hope to be able to get a mini SUV in the next year or two. I'm thinking GMC, Chevy or Lincoln. The wife is kind of fixated on a Toyota. If you're married that translates to, I too am thinking Toyota...LOL We'll see what's available though??? The Volt deff looks nice. The wife's car before I arrived in PA from CA was an 84 Monte Carlo. I was always leery to drive it. I learned after 2 years of being here in PA that, it is deff not like SoCal. Had I been seen driving a black 84 Monte Carlo by the fuzz on the streets, I'd be getting pulled over left and right, making it impossible to be a righteous owner of such a good classy car...  

November 26, 2012 11:41:14 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

2002 Chevy S10 Xtreme. 4.3 V6  My baby!

November 26, 2012 11:44:05 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

SAAB 9000 Turbo 2.3l [1991 vin] ...last with the rear quarter windows. [bought for 3 grand]

Apparently Architects drive SAABs.....so.....

November 27, 2012 12:00:25 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

A 4.3 V6 is something vulgar to have in the EU. Insurance, taxes and fuel prices stop average people from affording such exotic engines. The Chevrolet Volt is actually sold in the EU also. But hybrids aren't particularly popular here, people prefer diesels.

Which is what I got on my 2007 1.6 TDCi Ford Focus mk. II (International version). I get around 47mpg normally, but on long journeys I can even get 58 or higher, if I'm patient. 

Here's a picture of the model for you North American people. Mine has prettier rims, but it's otherwise the same

November 27, 2012 12:03:58 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

That actually looks really nice bbr91. I totally dig the EU style front plate...

November 27, 2012 12:04:09 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

2005 350Z Roadster.

First new car, bought outright. Been a Z fan forever, have had several earlier models (all used, some more than others ).

7 1/2 years old, less than 40k miles (work from home, so only driving is road trips / recreational / errands, etc.).

Great little car (and the main reason I like it? I'm 6'6" 245 lbs, and this little Japanese convertible fits me better than almost any American car I've ever driven).

Who'd have thunk? I've ridden in some SUV's that are harder to get into than my little road scooter.

The fact that it enjoys getting out of its own way is a bonus .

November 27, 2012 12:11:20 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I don't have a  car but I would like one of these

November 27, 2012 12:44:42 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

OK....that's my mate Dave's car ....just got it on the road.....Mine's the 9000 in the background [can outdo it by 10mph...Turbo 4 beats Renault v6...and is a half ton heavier...5 seats vs 2]

November 27, 2012 7:24:28 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

07 Dodge Caliber

November 27, 2012 7:43:04 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Having failed the written exam twice, on account of the questions being dumb, I don't own a car, but I have driven a few in training, and by coincidence, there were all the same type of car, the Dacia 1300:

(for reference, Top Gear's James May kept going on about the Dacia Sandero until the other two got him one and crashed it)

It's not pretty, it's not terribly well made, but it works. It even has seats, the window crank sometimes works, but it has trouble in winter on account of all the water in the gas freezing.

November 27, 2012 7:48:44 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Jafo,
Reduced 60%Original 972 x 729

OK....that's my mate Dave's car ....just got it on the road.....Mine's the 9000 in the background [can outdo it by 10mph...Turbo 4 beats Renault v6...and is a half ton heavier...5 seats vs 2]

Wow Paul! Your friend did a nice job putting that DeLorean together!

I drive a 2010 Chevrolet HHR, get's me 25-31 MPG, but as soon as I can afford it a Chevy Volt is what I want!

November 27, 2012 8:07:22 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I had to buy a new car last month. My old Mazda 323 broke down. I bought a VW Polo from 1998 for 1500€.

Its i nice little car. For now... i really like it. Nothing special, but its mine.

November 27, 2012 8:10:20 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I have a 2010 Ford Focus.  It's a pretty good little car.  Good gas millage, roomy up front, back seats are tiny.

November 27, 2012 8:24:00 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

2011 GMC Acadia for me, 2012 Ford Focus for my wife.  

I also have a 1967 Camaro but in its current state I can't claim that I'm "driving" it.  More like dreaming about driving it.  

November 27, 2012 9:18:40 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Mercedes 280E....a nice oldly...

used to have a 1968 3 litre P5 Rover and a 1970 3.5 litre P5 Rover in grey same as this one...  link..

top mechanical condition and sold it to a guy whose Dad restored old Jags in Victoria and he wanted a project to do with him but liked the Rovers more.... so somewhere in Victoria, my Reginald is zooming around looking mighty spiffy with new upholstery and duco and a polished walnut dashboard etc...  I do miss him.. 

November 27, 2012 10:17:57 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I live in NYC... what's a car?  Is that one of those yellow things that smells really bad inside?

November 27, 2012 10:18:17 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

2007 Government Motors Suburban. Bought it in 2010 with 32k on it, now it's right at 115k. It gets 14.7mpg average or 17 hi-way and cost $$$ per month. The company pays me mileage so it works out ok. I traded a 2005 Durango for this one, it had 224k on the odometer.

But I would rather be riding the 2011 Road King

ABS, Security, Cruise, 103ci, 47mpg, Paid for

November 27, 2012 10:19:27 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Don't drive eff all anymore [physically unable/modifications not viable]... but when I did, it was a second-hand 1953 Ford Zephyr MkI... sold it to a mate in 72 and it's still getting around today as good as ever.

Nah, I was more into bikes, everything from a 100cc Suzuki dirt bike up to 1200cc Harley..

November 27, 2012 10:29:04 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting starkers,
Don't drive eff all anymore [physically unable/modifications not viable]... but when I did, it was a second-hand 1953 Ford Zephyr MkI... sold it to a mate in 72 and it's still getting around today as good as ever.

Nah, I was more into bikes, everything from a 100cc Suzuki dirt bike up to 1200cc Harley..

I knew you had some redeeming qualities.

November 27, 2012 11:18:33 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

2005 Nissan Titan LE 4WD (paid for) & 2008 Mustang GT Premium (almost paid for)

November 27, 2012 11:49:21 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

2010 GMC Caynon SLE    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

November 27, 2012 12:20:57 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Here's mine - another Focus 1.6TDCi

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000766   Page Render Time:

Home | About | Privacy | Upload Guidelines | Terms of Service | Help
WinCustomize © 2014 Stardock Corporation. All Rights Reserved.